Airbox silencer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY91

Reaction score
Hey guys
My mate has a ford ranger and was telling me about a airbox silencer mod that he did and said it might be in navaras but I can't seem to find anything about it
Does anyone know anything of it or any airbox mods for a standard airbox
Thanks guys hope it made sense

Nope, nothing of the sort in d22s. Some cars have a big plastic thing on the side of the intake pipe to reduce intake resonance, but d22s at least haven't got anything like it...

thanks for quick reply
i checked it out but dont you need a snorkel for it to have loud induction noise?
if so i herd tigerz11 snorkels are cheap where can you by them or any cheap snorkels that you would recommend

thanks
D22 have a pre filter silencer here is a link that completely removes it for loud induction noise

Theres a few threads about it and one in diy... Kit comes with instructions

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Navara-D...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bb697ac9

ah ok sweet
have you got a video of the induction noise by any chance
i took the original part off earlier today and went for a drive and didnt hear a difference
ive got a k&n filter on my car
or does the bypass somehow make it have loud induction noise

thnks for the help
DEFINITELY dont need snorkel ... I dont have a snorkel and mine is loud as hell the guard makes it very loud ... Theres a couple of threads on here with customers raving about the noise

Few pages on it below

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=17634

Sorry, I should have said nothing in 2.5l d22s. It is just straight from the guard into the airbox then into the turbo. You may get more noise putting a pod filter on but I don't know how much louder...

ah ok sweet
have you got a video of the induction noise by any chance
i took the original part off earlier today and went for a drive and didnt hear a difference
ive got a k&n filter on my car
or does the bypass somehow make it have loud induction noise

thnks for the help

which bit did you disconnect?

i think maybe you disconnected it at the wrong spot?.....there is a triangle flange coming out of the large airbox with an air temp sensor in it....remove that pipe so the large airbox draws air from where the pipe used to be...

very loud!

Yeah I disconnected the piece that has the triangle flange that goes into the side fender behind the head light
Mine didn't have a air temp sensor on it though
I have a 2.5 not 3.0 litre if where on the same Page
which bit did you disconnect?

i think maybe you disconnected it at the wrong spot?.....there is a triangle flange coming out of the large airbox with an air temp sensor in it....remove that pipe so the large airbox draws air from where the pipe used to be...

very loud!

Oh yeh that changes things ... 2.5 had a slightly quieter turbo .... Do you have a pic? Im pretty sure all 2.5 go from airbox to guard ... No prefilter like zd30

Back