aircon leaking water tips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naughty D40

Reaction score
hi team, i bought a new pollen filter for my d40 the other day, my little girl has hayfever and i thought it might be time for a change,pull the glove box out and bugger me if the filter box wasnt empty, i worked out how the new ones went in so all good now.

anyways i have the problem of wet passenger floor,ive read and searched on here but cant quite get my head around the problem,i get that the pipe leaks(can leak) but i cant seem to get it to leak when i want it to. ive never had to add water to the radiator so it cant be the heater core. i put the front passenger wheel up on a car ramp and all of a sudden water started coming out the pipe under the car,1st time that i can recall. the pipe looks like a real pain to get to,any ideas or tips?

Ok then,anyone taken there Nav to Nissan and had it fixed not under warranty or goodwill?how many dollars would we be talking to replace the aircon drain hose?

I see you have a 2006 model, the replacement hose from Nissan was (from memory around $160 when I looked for one for the wife's Pathfinder). However, I removed the original and fitted a piece of heater hose then sealed around it with some neutral cure silicon and cable tied it to the brake pipes at the chassis so it doesn't fall off.

I think I read about that,must have been your post,thanks for the reply. I rang nissan today and they said 65 bux fitted so I'm not even attempting it for that price.

My next question,I've pulled out the seats and whatnot and removed the carpet so that I can dry it out,how do I dry out the foam stuff on the firewall, looks as though it can't be removed easily but is sopping wet.

Press as much water as you can out of it with some towels, then run a dehumidifier in the closed car overnight for a few nights.

Check the pipe doesn't just have dirt or spiders up there. When the drain gets blocked it can backfill into fan housing and leak to the floor down the firewall

Thanks,I've got a towel under it now,will keep changing it,don't have a dehumidifier. I'll poke one of the kids pipe cleaners up there and have a look,thanks again!

Booked in next Tuesday, also will get them to change the fuel filter as the second thing on my list to try and get rid of the silly limp mode,I changed the air filter myself. I'll get them to put the diagnostic thingy on and see what that tells them.crapbox.

limp mode...I can almost guarantee is your SCV...I found out that these can be serviced/cleaned and its usually not necesarry to have them replaced. Look into it, cost me $225 or thereabouts to have someone sort it out.

They start by reading fuel pressure at rail. Tell tale sign of faulty or dirty SCV is a higher reading than normal. Took them a whole hour and a half to fix....Drove it out of there and put the foot down. Was a lovely feeling instead of the usual limp mode.

Problem never returned either.

Will do,that was my next thing after the fuel filter. Nearly 200000 ks and I don't know when the filter was last changed so it's just a good mileage for memories sake. If you put your foot down flat out it takes off,dies a little,takes off then limp mode!other times foot down bang limp mode. Makes you drive around economically lol. I've read somewhere you can put a bigger shim in the scv. If that doesn't work I'll try the sensor on the inter cooler. Hopefully the noisy throw out bearing lasts until after that so I can afford the smf conversion. I seriously hate this car :) thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: picked the car up from wynnum manly nissan this arvo, at this stage I could not be happier. Had the fuel filter replaced and the aircon drain hose replaced for $275. Apparently the unit was clogged up as well which they cleaned out.

The big bonus was that apparently there was a tow bar recall and my ute had not been done, so they fitted the new tow bar and square tongue piece for free. My ute is a 2006 model so from nissan I think that is outstanding. My ute also has a steel tray and we had a number plate holder attached to the old tow bar,they cut this off for me so that I can re weld it on. They checked with me via the phone beforehand and I told them it was ok to put the number plate behind the step under the tray, left all my wiring alone and everything.

Also asked them to check the error codes and it does show an error code for the scv,which I expected. Very happy with their service.

Latest posts

Back