Aldi 600 watt inverter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i just flipped the coffee machine over and the label says 240v , 50Hz , 1455w
does that mean it actually draws 1455 watt?? is that right??

Wow
Did she put up much of a fight
Mine does,darn sure I couldn't hold her down long enuff to read the label:rofl:

Yeah sandwich makers, etc all draw around 2000w, depending in the size of them. Ideally you'd want around a 1200w inverter with around 2000w+ peak rating for that stuff as its not always drawing that much but can for a short time. If you really want to be safe get a 2000w inverter and then you know it will handle it

Isn't camping out with a coffee machine, a toaster and a hair dryer just like living out of a motel without the comfy bed?

Even with a large inverter you have to keep in mind that you are using a 12V battery and that battery is going to loose current over a time. having the ability to run a 2000W toaster is all good and well but if the fridge has turned off by lunch time is the toast for breakfast really worth it?

Isn't camping out with a coffee machine, a toaster and a hair dryer just like living out of a motel without the comfy bed?

Even with a large inverter you have to keep in mind that you are using a 12V battery and that battery is going to loose current over a time. having the ability to run a 2000W toaster is all good and well but if the fridge has turned off by lunch time is the toast for breakfast really worth it?

When i go camping for a night or two with the swag im not to worried about anything except for a little gas cooker and the fridge but with the camp trailer and the family on longer stays we have plenty of room so a few little luxuries are nice to have, like the sandwich maker for quick easy dinners for the kids when we go camping during the winter is pretty good, and i love my coffee but am just sick of instant.
so for the short burst of time we want to run those things wont the solar panel put back enough charge through the day to replace some of the power drain from making a couple of coffee's?? and if worse come to worse and the battery was low could i just plug the trailer into the car and run the car for a few minutes while i use the actual appliance?

Also the way i have my trailer battery and 2nd car battery set up i can just swap one for the other if i have been out driving for the day, like we did on fraser before i got the solar panel.
i mean i wont be trying to run an all day caffe.

Last edited:
Anything is possible, not everything is practical, weigh up how often you really need to blow dry your hair and use your Lady Remington and you'll figure out your exact requirements.

The way you are going you'll be safer taking a trailered generator with you.

how about this from Sunyee
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330949151332?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thoughts?? for that price it may be worth giving it a go and taking my Aldi one back.

That's a GREAT price for an inverter you shouldn't WANT to run.

It will need 0Ga cable because it'll draw 120+ amps in normal operation, but 240 amps under surge. Note that you shouldn't surge for more than 4-5 seconds - inverters generally supply that sort of power to allow hard-start compressors (eg in household fridges) to fire up. Once the compressor is going, internal momentum helps reduce the current draw, but getting it going is a bitch.

We tried using household items and inverting power for them. We had so much success, we bought a 2kW generator.

you should here all the crap i get for taking my coffee machine away with me...
But guess who comes wandering over when the smell of freshly ground coffee drifts across in the morning....

you should here all the crap i get for taking my coffee machine away with me...
But guess who comes wandering over when the smell of freshly ground coffee drifts across in the morning....

I bet it will be the same for me and i reckon the same thing will happen, i will have a line up for coffee, and do you mind if i just stick a few slices of bread in the sandwich maker??

So how are you running your coffee machine and is it one of those "pod" style jobs?

Im planing on getting one of those pod style machine to take away because they are so compact & easy to use.
But at the moment i take away the Saeco Ive got in the kitchen, I think thats why i get so much attention..
Ive got a big Inverter 2400w (4000w) peak that i use for powering power tools ect onsite for work, which i use when camping.
When i get a pod machine I'll probably buy a smaller more compact inverter just for camping.
Like my work drill, these machines do use a lot of power, but i use them quite briefly & they dont seem to drain the battery to much. The sandwich maker might be a bit more power demanding because it will run for more time though

Im planing on getting one of those pod style machine to take away because they are so compact & easy to use.
But at the moment i take away the Saeco Ive got in the kitchen, I think thats why i get so much attention..
Ive got a big Inverter 2400w (4000w) peak that i use for powering power tools ect onsite for work, which i use when camping.
When i get a pod machine I'll probably buy a smaller more compact inverter just for camping.
Like my work drill, these machines do use a lot of power, but i use them quite briefly & they dont seem to drain the battery to much. The sandwich maker might be a bit more power demanding because it will run for more time though

That is the full on coffee machine lol,
Apparently the sandwich maker is rated 750w but the pod style coffee machine is 1750w
I think i will grab the 2500w inverter from sunyee and i will be able to use it for work as well, a mate had one about that size and we ran his Hilti rotary hammer drill and drop saw off it while we were doing signage work, admittedly he was running the car while doing it, but it was pretty impressive

My pod coffee maker uses 1455W and my drip filter uses 850W. When I'm camping and I want something special, I grind some coffee and use a hand plunger - much, much kinder to the batteries.

My pod coffee maker uses 1455W and my drip filter uses 850W. When I'm camping and I want something special, I grind some coffee and use a hand plunger - much, much kinder to the batteries.

With the pod machine only running for a few seconds at a time how much power do you think it would actually use?
or is it more of a case that it will have to dump so much in a short period that is the problem?

Just reading through the "user guide" that comes with the Aldi 600w inverter and it says "CAUTION a few battery charges are not compatible with modified sine wave inverters, rechargable, battery operated devices ect ect
some chargers for battery packs used in power tools may not be compatible blah blah check the manual
only a PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER should be used blah blah blah"

now im not sure if i want to plug my work tools battery charges into it , and i have never kept any of their manuals to check.

Last edited:
Ive been told by other tradies that charging batteries with a modified sine wave will eventually kill them prematurely... no personal experience to back this up though..

By the way ive been using a 8Zed brand inverter for about two years.
It gets used to power my mixing drill on average two days a week when no power is on the job site.
They aren't the cheapest around but also not that expensive. There are a lot more options on ebay these days though, but i needed to buy one asap & they had a stockist up near i was working

We've been using modified sine wave inverters for about 17 years and never had an issue with drill batteries etc, we've had more drill batteries die from manufacturers chargers than using inverters. But then we rebuild drill batteries and the like these days so killing them is hardly an issue.

Latest posts

Back