Aldi Stores 4x4 sale this weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
Aldi are have 4x4 equipment on sale this weekend
alloy roof racks , cargo nets
ratchet tie-downs
recovery tracks ( like max trax )
80 channel uhf cb's
gps
12 volt compressors
electric jacks
cargo barriers
power inverters
hand held led lights
canvas seat covers
sand grabber type rubber mats
20 liter steel jetty cans
tyre repair kits , all very well priced for anyone looking at this stuff

I was looking at the tracks and wondered how good they'd actually be, then remembered that I was talking with a guy who said he was trying to recover his car on Fraser Island with a set of Maxx Traxx and he BROKE them. Not sure how accurate that was.

The Aldi tracks are supposed to handle something like 2000kg per track. Even fully laden, our Navaras should be presenting no more than 750Kg per wheel, which makes them more than adequate - with the usual caveat on these things: no wheelspin, or the lugs get torn off! It means I'll be walking home with a set.

The GPS doesn't look very special - there's no mention of 4WD tracks, just "Australian Maps".

The jack is designed to go into a cig lighter so it can't pull more than 10A - I suppose it could be useful especially for us old farts.

Haven't heard a thing about their compressors but if it can consistently deliver 150L per minute then it's an excellent buy for $100.

This is the first I've seen of the CB radios. I don't know how good the channel separation is, or how well it works in convoy when you get stretched out a bit, but it's 5W and at the price if you're stretched for budget it's a bloody good deal. Shame they didn't think to supply antennas! Anyone who IS buying one should consider a large antenna of around 6.5dB gain rather than the shorter 4.5dB gain (better in mountainous terrain) or the longer 9dB gain (better in the desert). The 6.5dB is better all-round.

We know about the inverters. I have one. It's good and stupidly cheap.

I think I'll be there early on Saturday morning!

Tyre repair kit is bloody cheap @ $ 15.00 , ARB equivalent is $ 50.00 bucks , sand grabber mats @ $20.00 and steel jerrys @ $ 30.00 are a bargin too , as too the 60 led rechargable work light @ $ 20.00 , strangely lots of the stuff is not on their web site , but its all in the cattle dog

Last edited:
Compressor looks identical to my tigerz11 one also rated at 150l per minute, just a different colour. The things never skipped a beat and usually fills 3 sets of tyres everytime we go play.

Sorry for the hijack fellas, but its good to see you are out of the sin bin Tony. I am a little intrigued as the thread I'm referring to has been deleted?

In regards to the aldi recovery tracks, even if they only save you a couple of times before bbeing wrecked, for the price you coukdnt go past them.

Cheers, Mick.

Sorry for the hijack fellas, but its good to see you are out of the sin bin Tony. I am a little intrigued as the thread I'm referring to has been deleted?

Cheers, Mick.

Doesn't suprise me. I think nearly everyone all said something that the person starting it didn't want to hear.

My mate has the compressor, we've probably used it 20 times, to fill his AT's on the 80 series and my 32" Couragia's.

It has been faultless every time, only slight draw back is that the connectors can get pretty bloody hot where the airline joins to teh compressor.

I'll be grabbing a compressor and tyre kit on Saturday

Aldi has some ripper stuff. I just bought the 96 odd piece socket set and its quality. 49 bucks!

Im interested those recovery tracks if there as good as the other gear ive bought eg 600w inverter then the choice is easy.
They should bring out a high lift jack

Not that's Costco and there is only a few of them. Aldi is just another grocery store that gets all sorts of shit. They occasionally sell brand names but most of what they sell is their own brands.

Half their food is made by Australian companies and their other electric/auto type goods are made by companies like Tevion and AutoXS which are either owned or part owned by Aldi's if you look into their ownership details far enough.

It looks like a Tigerz11 outlet ;-)

The tyre repair kits seem to have the needles without the disc at the end. You need the disc at the end otherwise you can end up pushing the plug all the way into the tyre.

Do we know if those inverters are pure sine wave???

Last edited:
stopped at aldi this morning to buy a few groceries and a bottle of scotch cos I felt like a mid morning nip. I now remember why I vowed never to buy aldi whiskey. also bought a kick-arse pair of ratchet loppers for $24 and did a bit of pruning. Didn't see any 4x4 gear tho :(

4X4 gear starts Saturday they often have special shit a long time after another sale starts but it's extremely rare to find them put out specials earlier than advertised.

Latest posts

Back