All Smashed Up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
On my way home from Lithgow today and a P plater in a commodore Comes flying out a side street straight into my lane, i see him at the last second and when he

gets right into my lane it appears as though he will stop there, so i make the decision to try a go in front of him while braking as hard as

possible so he doesnt t-bone me and into my sons door,,,

THEN the fool hits the gas and tries to go around on front of me, but its too late and i NAIL him in the front guard/driver door while out on the other side of the road.

BANG the airbags go off, my son is ok just a few seat belt bruisers on his neck and chest, im fine BUT not the NAV im 95% sure its a write off, when i looked under

the chassis looked like it had a small crease and cracked welds just behind the bullbar mounts so that normally spells the end.

I dont think i will be able to panel beat this one out with the claw hammer like i did with the front guard!! lol

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear you guys are alright, specially the young fella! The Nav doesn't look too hot though! Man, I don't know what to say. Hows the other fella? I bet he checks both ways from now on!!

Thanks Mate, yeah im so stoked my Boy is OK, the car is just a car and can be replaced but it goes without saying i couldnt live with out my boy.

the other car had four teenage kids in it and everyone seems ok, one girl got carted on a stretcher with suspected neck injury but when we got loaded in the other ambo the driver said it was more precaution and thinks she will be ok.

Dude it happened so fast i just cant believe how he just ripped through a T-intersection, one of the witnesses said she was behind him and he was driving like a hoon and was all over the rd only second before it all went to shit!

OH SHIT, bad luck Nath, sorry to hear about the Nav, Great to hear the your fella is ok. How did you pan out??
I am also happy to hear a witness stopped and sounds like she will corroborate your story for the police and the insurance company. Still Shitty luck.
Did you have all your mods listed on your insurance?? if not can i suggest running out to the where the Nav was taken and getting your stuff off it, you may never see it again. (just an idea)
OH and if you need help with anything let us know am happy to lend a hand where i can. God knows you have helped me out more then a few time. Beside i have to run out that way again some time soon as i left my snatch block on the side if the rd the other week.

glad the young fella is ok mate
bad timing, you were just getting the ute sorted the way you wanted
looks like a write off to me
can you purchase wreck ? (shannons gives you 1st option on wreck)
maybe its time for a v6 mate?

Ahhh shit Nath, that sucks. Glad to see you're all ok - bet you're glad you don't drive a little squashable.

Holy crap Nathan! So happy everyone turned out alright, it's crazy how things can turn in a second. Thank god for bull bars aye
You did we'll to avoid him by the sounds of it you might have scared the life out of him when you plowed into is drivers door. Maybe he'll learn?
Same goes here if you need anything let me know and ill do what I can for you mate

Holy crapper. Glad you and your son are alright. Cars are replaceable mate, lives aren't.

P platers these days have no respect for the road. I've had a handful of near misses with p platers cutting in front etc.

Rusty

Sorry to hear the bad news mate at least your all ok which like you said is most important. Secondly the light bar looks like its still good!

Geeze that's a heck of a whack as everyone said your all are ok the little fellow may be distraught for a few day hopefully insurance will cover all your aftermarket gear and a rental car with tread on the tyres so you can work,hope the p plater wasn't pissed.

Goods news your both ok. Not looking to good for the future of your truck.

What is it about P plate Commodore drivers. Everytime I see one i give it the widest berth possible because your just know the the cock could carve you up at any second.

You see these rats everywhere even changing lanes they can't do it like a normal motorist they have to make it a racing maneuver. Tossers

Not real sure what to say. Lucky maybe but then again unlucky??

Glad that you and the young bloke are o.k and good that you have witnesses.

Pi$$es me off when these irresponsible pr!cks end up being the victim.

Good to know you're all O.K. Now you can add "test crash dummy" to your resume.

Holy crap,one hell of a whack,It's good luck everyone is ok.
Some young drivers think they are absolutely bullet proof.

Just out of curiosity what color plate did he have?? i thought P platers were limited to how many pasengers they could carry at one time. i could be wrong though.

Latest posts

Back