alternator belt change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kochie

Reaction score
i know it sounds stupid and I'm probably missing something real simple but how do i change the alternator belt on my late 2010 STX? i have the workshop manual for 2005 but its different. mine has the 2 idler pulleys and cant find an adjustment screw anywhere to loosen the belt??

got the power steering belt off no worries and been looking around for an hr for the big belt staring to get agitated.

help would be appreciated

i know it sounds stupid and I'm probably missing something real simple but how do i change the alternator belt on my late 2010 STX? i have the workshop manual for 2005 but its different. mine has the 2 idler pulleys and cant find an adjustment screw anywhere to loosen the belt??

got the power steering belt off no worries and been looking around for an hr for the big belt staring to get agitated.

On mine the idler between the alternator and the viscous fan has the tensioner. Accessed from the top.

Last edited:
From my reading of the manual the late 2010 model (early 2011 and onwards) has an automatic tensioner located below the idler. Removal instructions include the use of a 3mm steel rod to lock the tensioner in place.

Thanks old tony. Would you be able to send me the instructions out of the manual?

There are 4 relevant pages in the manual - they're attached. I had to split them like this because of forum limits (which I'm not about to change).

Attachments

• D40-2011-EM-153-154.pdf
    203.3 KB · Views: 513
  • D40-2011-EM-155-156.pdf
    221.7 KB · Views: 382
Hav u got a pic kernels? Sounds different to mine

If you need a pic, pm me your email address and Ill send one for you. But It's glaringly obvious on my engine, if yours used the same tensioning method it would be obvious to you.

More likely yours uses the auto tensioner as per Tony's suggestion ?

There are 4 relevant pages in the manual - they're attached. I had to split them like this because of forum limits (which I'm not about to change).

Exactly what I was after. Thanks old tony I would never have worked that out haha

Thanks for your help kernels but mine was different. Same as old tony had in the manual. nothing obvious at all it had me stumped

yeah the idler pulley with the 14mm bolt clockwise to loosen belt and add new one, removing the 4x fan nuts will add in the process and small hands!

Latest posts

Back