Alternator Warning Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bax84

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen a few threads similar to this but I thought I'd create another just to save me reading 8 million posts.

I don't have my manuals anymore but I vaguely remember seeing a flowchart for when the light would trigger?

It's a 2005 zd30, and the light was coming on intermittently. I ordered another alternator off ebay.

Anyway, installed that, and all was good for a week or so, then I noticed the light was still clicking on and off.

Chucked a multimeter on the battery and it's 14.1v, so the alternator is getting charge at idle.

I did read somewhere here that if the belt slips it'll trigger the light. The problem is it's coming on/off that quick, I'm thinking I have a loose wire somewhere.

Just put a new battery in it as my old one wasn't getting enough charge apparently. So I want to get onto this one before it kills my new battery.

Thoughts?

does sound like a lose wire to me. if you now have a new alternator there is no reason for the light to come on unless the drive belt is slipping badly which i must say would have to be quite lose to slip that bad. you need to re check the wires at the alternator plus check that a wire isn,t slightly broken inside the wire casing [ which is very hard to spot ] need a multimeter and test for continuety from say a to b. also check the actual light bulb as it could be half gone or abit lose in its socket.

Apparently there is a fault in the PCB on the instrument cluster that can cause the light to come on. I'd do a bit of a search for that on the forum as it has been mentioned before and a fix for it I believe

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cheers guys, I'll give the plug wires a gentle wriggle with the car on and see if I can get the light to flash.

If it's just the cluster being a pain I can ignore that for the time being, it may be purely coincidental that my battery died around the same time. It was an old battery and it was during cold starts.

Well the wires are solidly connected. I'll have a better look again this week and see if there's a loose earth or something. But the alternator plug is good.

Don't know about try dash bulb, that one seems like it wouldn't be an issue. Bashed the crap out of my dash while parked and couldn't get it to flick on so I'm ruling that out for now.

Will keep looking. It's more annoying than anything.

Latest posts

Back