Am I worrying too much?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbbuddle

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've just bought a 2005 Navara ST-R D22. As you would know it has the ZD30DDT 3 litre turbo motor. I've been reading some horrific stories on an English forum about pistons melting and rods going through blocks etc but they don't say what motor they have, although I gather they are later models than mine with the 2.5L motor. Most are still under warranty and Nissan seem to not be very cooperative. Can anyone give me some good news?
Roger

I've only ever heard good things about the 3 litre turbo in the Nav. I was talking to a toyota mechanic the other day and he reckoned they were still the best dual cab you could buy. I think they were only troublesome in the patrols because they were set up a bit differently.

The Navara ZD30 is fine. A couple of guys have had problems but look after them and there fine.

My 2006 D22 is almost at 130,000km's now, running like a dream.

Dave.

Hi everyone,
I've just bought a 2005 Navara ST-R D22. As you would know it has the ZD30DDT 3 litre turbo motor. I've been reading some horrific stories on an English forum about pistons melting and rods going through blocks etc but they don't say what motor they have, although I gather they are later models than mine with the 2.5L motor. Most are still under warranty and Nissan seem to not be very cooperative. Can anyone give me some good news?
Roger

the later 2.5L is a different version. the early 2.5L version of the YD25 is the one they are talking about throwing rods through the block.

early ZD30's had a problem of blowing holes in the pistons. apparently "fixed" around 2003. there are other problems and there is write up on fixes for them.

unfortunately in typical corporate culture Nissan have head in the sand and do not recognise there is/was ever a problem.

Thanks

Thanks guys,
I feel a whole lot better now. Looking forward to getting back to FWD'ing. We had a SWB diesel L/cruiser which we bought new in '78 and sold it reluctantly 5 years ago because we thought we we were getting too old for that sort of thing and bought a Commodore. Big mistake. Nothing wrong with Commodore -just felt like I couldn't GO anywhere in it. So now we are back in business and looking forward to it.
Thanks again for your re-assurances.

mate i have 2002 nav with zd 30 engine an have 147 000km on it an the only thing thats been replaced is the fan belt, just look after it an will look after you

Latest posts

Back