Android Torque Software

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdbaker81

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the Torque ODB software on Android. Just wondering if others that have it are getting any reading on a YD25 for AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) or EGT ( Exhaust Gas temp).

Also wondering if anyones LPHK is accurate as its generally been telling me around 8lt/100km average.

Im not sure if this data is correct from the ECU or a software problem, as I am currently debating high fuel consumption with nissan as im averaging 16lt/100km around town.

They checked it over and state 6 - 8lt/100km so I am thinking this is the data read from the ECU.

Now have to prove with receipts and km's travelled as ones prior to notifing about high usage are not acceptable.

Thanks For any help
gdbaker81

Last edited:
Hi mate, I don't know whether you have a d22 or a d40, but neither of them have egt probes from the factory, so you won't be getting an egt reading, as for afr I believe only d40 autos have o2 sensors to monitor flow through the dpf, so unless that's what you've got I don't like your chances of getting a reading off either of those values. As for fuel usage, I average on my 2010 d22 about 8.55l/100km.

Welcome to the forum!

I use the Torque software on my Samsung Galaxy SII through an ELM327-compliant OBD bluetooth adapter.

I have no EGT sensor info because there's no EGT sensor as bods has said. My LPHK figure is not accurate and I've been playing with the "Volumetric Efficiency" figure in my vehicle profile in order to improve the accuracy - I don't think I'm making a LOT of headway, but with it set at 150.0 it's not too far out. I should also adjust the "MPG Trim" figure as well, which is probably more likely to be the figure I need to play with.

As for the air/fuel ratio info, the Navara does have everything it needs to calculate that but I don't know if it presents that as an individual figure. From the MAFS it has the amount of air and its temperature, from the boost sensor it has the pressure the air is at (and the likely temperature could be calculated), the amount of EGR would also be known. Knowing how many times the injectors open and for how long with a fuel rail pressure at a known amount would give you how much fuel and how much air.

There is (as mentioned) a heated oxygen sensor in DPF-equipped vehicles. This sensor monitors the amount of free oxygen available in the exhaust in order to determine whether or not it can perform a regen cycle on the DPF. It's also used to ensure that the sensor is in place and functioning - the ECU slightly varies injector pressures and expects to see a corresponding oxygen fluctuation in the exhaust. If there's no fluctuation the ECU assumes the O2 sensor is damaged and brings on the CEL. It will force limp mode after a period of time (because it's unable to determine when to conduct a regen).

Anyway, I've yet to get any meaningful data off the HO2S and doubt that it'll be hugely useful, since it's only showing presence of oxygen. It might give us a clue as to when a regen is being conducted but not much more.

Latest posts

Back