another 3" exhaust Q

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys
I found a dealer in Tassie that quoted me (XFORCE) $680 for the mild steel and $1120 for the stainless 3" turbo back straight through... sounds alright to me?????

hi guys
I found a dealer in Tassie that quoted me (XFORCE) $680 for the mild steel and $1120 for the stainless 3" turbo back straight through... sounds alright to me?????

thats a really good price.
there is no point doing exhaust if your planning on using the standard dump pipe so make sure it is included

Last edited:
thats a really good price.
there is no point doing exhaust if your planning on using the standard dump pipe so make sure it is included

nah that's including the dump pipe, all ill have to do is get one of me mates to weld a EGT bung in it..

i have a 3 inch redback system turbo back with snorkle and tunit chip sounds sweet a f-ing flies good torqe next to no turbo lag love it never looked back

i have a 3 inch redback system turbo back with snorkle and tunit chip sounds sweet a f-ing flies good torqe next to no turbo lag love it never looked back

post upa video mate. i need to hear one before i fork over the bills.

Ive come to the conclusion after reading a zillion exhaust / 2.5 turbo diesel threads , its a " dick " thing , the miniscule difference it makes , is not worth all the trouble , if 2.5 gets your rocks off go , is 3 '' has the same effect , go that too , i went 2.5 because a mate had the bender set up at the time and it cost me $ 150.00 , if he had 3'' set up that would be there instead

I gained an extra 80km per tank and can now tow my camper off the line with little to no lag. Worth every cent in my opinion.

So if you don't need a larger exhaust on a turboed vehcile than a 2.5, can someone explain why the references are always to back pressure and why that is so important to a turbo system?
I had it explained to me when looking at systems that the reason Beaudesert use a 2.75 is it is the best size to maintain correct and efficient back pressure and reduce EGT at the same time. As you increase you reduce back pressure, thereby increasing turbo lag?
Dunno, sometimes I think it's all smoke and mirrors.

hi guys
Ordered a xforce 3" turbo back today so see how that goes.. it has a muffler in the back section does anyone no if the redback muffler eliminator would fit the xforce system???

i could see problems with mud and water either jaming open/closed shorting out ect

that wouldnt worry me

just the fact that its a massive fine to run one of these

mate got done with the muffler type... 400$ plus 2 points

So if you don't need a larger exhaust on a turboed vehcile than a 2.5, can someone explain why the references are always to back pressure and why that is so important to a turbo system?
I had it explained to me when looking at systems that the reason Beaudesert use a 2.75 is it is the best size to maintain correct and efficient back pressure and reduce EGT at the same time. As you increase you reduce back pressure, thereby increasing turbo lag?
Dunno, sometimes I think it's all smoke and mirrors.

You basically want the very least amount of backpressure after the turbo.
However, if you go to a very large pipe the gas starts to expand to fill it and looses velocity, but its all honestly very marginal gains and losses we are talking about.

I have tested so many systems on the D40's. And at normal power levels there is no difference between 2.5" Cat back or a full 3" Turbo back with high flow cat. Not even 2hp anywhere in the rev range.
No difference in egt, backpressure or anything else.

However if you were running up near 30psi of boost, a rail pressure + injector extension chip, larger intercooler etc... Basically, if you were pushing it up to 140-150kw atw Then 2.75" or 3" would START to become beneficial.

Although, I dont see the point of going up only .25" if you were stepping up to anything you may as well go 3" so you again have a bit of headroom for flow.

So what are the performance gains to be had by replacing the stock system if your not planing on running a chip??
Do u make any extra power, or does it just reduce lag by a couple hundred rpm?

Ive removed that horribly restrictive air ducting to the airbox & its already reduced lag by around 100-150rpm & seems to rev to up in lower revs quicker.

Im happy with the amount of power the d40 has standard, but if you could make the power available earlier in the rev range & come on a little harder it'd feel much better.

Latest posts

Back