Another cracked head

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
To the guys that have replaced there heads on there zd30's what were the symptoms? Mine has been loosing a liter of coolant about every 5000km but still runs perfect and has never gotten hot. Pressure test shows no leaks and no bubles in rad milk under cap ect is there anything else I can do to confirm thats what my problem is?

it could possibly be a leak thats opening up at temp, which is why pressure tester hasn't picked it up.
look for dried coolant, with small leak it evaporates off fairly quickly leaving coolant stain behind.
also check the floor mats are not wet underneath.

Losing coolant and bubbles in radiator when mine went. Still ran normal.
Coolant kept going into the overflow tank, and not coming back, and spilling out of there

Coolant tested positive for combustion gasses.

Do your exhaust fumes smell like coolant?

No stains from what I can see but will keep looking carpet is dry so think I can rule out heater core. It drains the overflow as well so starting to think it is the head?

Ive read that it could possibly be there egr valve leaking internaly as well? Going to bypass it tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

Back