Another D40 4x4 Question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingy89

Reaction score
I have an 07 D40 Stx and i recently put a new diff under it because the other one went bang.

i have the right diff ( Spainish Built) and went putting it under i broke the Abs electrical line on the Driver side and now the abs light is on.

Does anyone know if this stops it from engaging 4x4 and when it is selceted it just sits and flashes on the dash and does not engage.

Can anyone point me int he direction to finding the source of the problem. The search did not come up with anything using the search words i used anyways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes mate if you break an abs senser or cable your 4x4 will not work i have broke a few of them to get you out of trouble just re join the wires

Do you have to do a computer rest because the wires that i have on the driver side are a different colour to the one on the passenger side.

I tried hooking them up both ways and there was still no Difference so i am thinking there maybe a broken wires further up the line somewhere.

The ABS light will stay on you will have to do a ECU reset then go for a short drive before the ABS light will turn of

Help me please somebody.
OK, I spent half a day on some rough gravel.
The ABS light came on. Couldn't engage 4wd, shredded my back tyres where I needed 4L.
To top it off, on the way home on the black stuff, cruise control wouldn't engage.

I hope these are all related. Where do I start looking?

Look for a damaged abs wire..each wheel has a 2 core wire coming from the hubs...start at the back ones and look for damage..a broken abs wire can cause all your problems u have.

Latest posts

Back