Another D40 timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of you doubted this claim and reckond to not even involve Nissan, but just wanted to all let you the Good News, my Goodwill Warranty Claim was approved by Nissan. New Engine + Labour at their cost. A win for the customer. So freaking Happy. Gladstone Nissan (4680 QLD) couldn't have been more helpful throughout this process.

Thats definitely the perfect outcome to that crappy situation.

Nice work and thanks for keeping us in the loop so others may relax a little knowing there is a chance of a great outcome like you have had.

I know a lot of you doubted this claim and reckond to not even involve Nissan, but just wanted to all let you the Good News, my Goodwill Warranty Claim was approved by Nissan. New Engine + Labour at their cost. A win for the customer. So freaking Happy. Gladstone Nissan (4680 QLD) couldn't have been more helpful throughout this process.

Really glad to hear it all worked out well for you, you should at least get another 100,000 out of it ;-)

Haven't asked about towing costs yet, cost $3000, but don't want to push my luck until I have the keys in my hand with a new engine...yeah let's hope to get 300,000km out of this one haha

was talking to someone yesterday who had the same happen, but it wasnt as old and less k's on it and he got knocked back, so youve done real well. a win for the little man

Some lads on another forum asked me how I got lucky and I said........ 2007, Regularly Serviced, Wrote a letter with backing of some friends who are automotive engineers, quoted everything nissan ever said on the phone to me in the letter. Happened on a flat highway. Showed my evidence of paying a truckload to transport my car to a nissan dealership (850km) away. Showed them evidence of the reciept of when racq towed me. Just had evidence that it shouldn't have happened a helpful nissan dealer.

Have a 2007 RX D40 with 96500km and have been keeping an ear out for this noise on cold morning start ups and looks like every now and then it is starting to have a few second chain rattle. Not every start up. So I will get it inspected soon before outlaying the money just to make sure. Does the service manual ask for the chains to be replaced at 100,000kms. I know my work for ranger does at 120,000kms and a light actually comes up on the dash.

Sounds like it may be starting to rattle.

Mine didn't rattle every time I started it and when it did rattle, I noticed that the rattle stopped once the oil light went out. I also noticed the whole motor was noisier than usual when driving.

The guy who listened to mine said the rattle was feint but was there. Mine had 109,000 on the clock when I got mine done (under warranty).

Yours sounds like it's doing just what mine did, I'd get it checked out.

Good luck.

Since it is under 100,000km's would it be worth writing to nissan to see if they would cover the cost? What kit did you use siringo?

I had an extended warranty on my truck and had 6 months left, so it was done under warranty, so I went OEM (which I hope is updated chain, guide etc).

My advice is, if you have used a Nissan dealer before and get on well with them and trust them, drop in and see them, get them to listen to it. Ask them if they think it could be done under warranty. You may be lucky, but I think you may be in a spot, as warranty is 3 years or 100,000 from memory and if your truck is a 2008 model, you may be asking a bit much.

But having said that, it costs you nothing to write a letter that may save you a few $1000's.

If you lived near me I'd point you at the dealer I use,they are really one out of the box.

Good luck mate.

I've got a 2006 d40 just gone over 150k km do ya think it would be a good idea to put a double row kit in it don't really want it to pack it in on the highway haven't really noticed it being anymore rattler than normal

Should that be a question for nissan? Just thinking..if you had them service your ute and they give it the all clear.then put the question to them what will they say? Would they garauntee their diagnosis?

This is how I looked at mine. I'm planning on doing lots of touring a long way from home, I don't want anything to break.

But if all you do is drive within 30 mins of home, maybe you won't bother about it as much.

Ive just hit 100tho and its in the back of my mind everytime i start the ute..but short trips here and there so i just keep listening.

Yeah I'll drop it in next service and see what they have to say hopefully they just offer to do it hey haha not likely.

I've asked my dealer about it, had the head mechanic come out (and he's pretty bloody good at what he does) and he said the chains sounded fine. I'm getting an independent mechanic to fit a new tranny cooler on Tuesday and I'll ask him to have a quick listen.

We're heading to the outback this Christmas towing the new van and there's no way I want to break down 150km from the nearest town.

Good News lads, got my car back after 3 months of being off the road with the brand new engine, but they stung me for $50.00 for a brand new dipstick because that isn't covered under warranty haha...... drove it back out west and now its leaking OIL like no tomorrow. So have to get that sorted out :(

Good News lads, got my car back after 3 months of being off the road with the brand new engine, but they stung me for $50.00 for a brand new dipstick because that isn't covered under warranty haha...... drove it back out west and now its leaking OIL like no tomorrow. So have to get that sorted out :(

cant believe they had the nerve to hit you up for that dipstick they could of removed from the old donk.

Where is the oil leaking from? and what have they said about that?

as good as it is that they replaced the motor it sounds like its been a major ordeal and you aren't out of it yet , BUGGER!!

Latest posts

Back