another guy about to buy :P

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiley2742

Reaction score
hey im looking at a 2003 navara dx 3.0l di. just wondering what to look for. any common problems. and one conserne... when i was lookin at it today i lifted off the oil cap to check the blow by and there was a bit... the engine had just been started. there is only 146k on the engine??

ps. i know nothing bout diesels ha ha

Iv read a few of the guys on here say the turbo can let go around 150-200000k if the engine was never left to idle down after heavy work, make sure the oil has been changed regularly ect.

Last edited:
thanks for that.. i just gave it a quick blow by test when it was warm and there was some excaust fumes coming out the oil filler cap. the mechanic said just to keep her serviced and put some carb cleaner in.. they are lookin for $18000 but its got very low k's on it... 146k what you think??

I think for the most part any Zd30 after series 2 update is pretty reliable although I am not to sure about the earlier ones maybe wait for some guys who are more knowledgeable on the subject than me to comment.

as for the price 18k seems a tad high for an 03 DX

it does doesn't it :( but the deed has been done.. i had to by from a dealer because i was getting finance and im driving to alice springs this week in her to so i need somethin quick!! i'll give her a good going over in alice and she'll be schmick!!! ha ha

thanks for that.. i just gave it a quick blow by test when it was warm and there was some excaust fumes coming out the oil filler cap. the mechanic said just to keep her serviced and put some carb cleaner in.. they are lookin for $18000 but its got very low k's on it... 146k what you think??

I recently paid 16000 for mine same year str zd30 had 148000, haggle

Back