another knocking noise..... annoying!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navd22yd25cr

Reaction score
Hey fellas

I got a 2" lift 2"body lift.

When i drive i can sometimes feel a faint tap under my feel. Ive had a look and it does look like my upper arm has hit my shocks. But when lift the car up and down by the front guard i can feel a tap or a slight knock on the front tyre... It doesnt seem to be the upper arm hitting.. Its driving me nuts... Its really faint but its noticable...

Its like somethings a bit loose and at a certain point its shifting...

Hope the info helps im going buts trying to work it out...

More info

When i grab the front driver wheel and push it back and forth something taps or shifts slghtly to make a tap/ knock....

Checked wheel nuts, everything looks fine...

I am wondering about the wheel bearing. Not something we commonly hear about in the D22s - usually it's something the D40 owners complain about more but that doesn't mean it can't happen. If you jack the car up and wiggle the wheel top to bottom, do you get any free play?

If you only get the knocking sound when moving the wheel left-to-right it's also possible that it's a steering issue (tie rod, tie rod end, rack etc).

Yeah it does only happen when i move left to right, but like i said its so faint.. Plus i can just feel it under my feet... It doesnt happen all the time. If its a new road its not noticable but on an old road with bumps and dips and stuff u can feel it faintly..

Latest posts

Back