Another Navara Newbie!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pr0x1mity

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I finally sold my R34 Skyline GT4 and have decided on getting a Navara.

I've pretty much decided on one thats done 200,000. Kinda high but it's one of the few in my budget. Looks like it's been a tradie ute and has no evidence of being off road.

Engine checks out nicely, looks like it's been maintained well.

It's a 2003 D22 St-R 3.0L

Hopefully I have made a good decision!:rock:

welcome aboard, the ZD30 in the navs are pretty good and as long as its been serviced regularly and hasnt had the arse flogged out of it all should be good for a while yet, just keep an eye and are on the turbo, installing and intercooler is a great safety net and may save you some big $$$ if ever that little hair drier goes boom.

Blocking off EGR and intercooling are my first things. 2" lift at some point too :)

Keeping it mostly stock otherwise.. Apart from headunit and speakers!

Welcome to the forum!

What they said - intercooler would be the first thing I'd look at, but also check the turbocharger out to make sure it's ok. Remember to let the turbo cool a bit before turning the engine off and you'll reduce the risk of it going boom!

Welcome to the forum mate, there is a wealth of knowledge here on your new truck and some pretty god info on building it to a very capable truck on a budget.

Once again welcome and enjoy

Latest posts

Back