Another Newbee!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huey888

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a complete newbee to 4WD's and I've just bought a new D22. My D22 is so new in fact, that I haven't even picked it up from the dealer yet (I'm still waiting for them to get one in stock for me).

I originally started looking to buy a good 2nd hand 4WD for hopefully not too much money and without too many KM's already travelled, as I don't really know what I should be looking for when trying to find a reliable one. After a few weeks I discovered that 4WD's like this are pretty hard to find so I then figured out it would be safer to pay more to ensure I get a "good" one. Anyhow, this put me only about $5,000 to $10,000 off the cost of a brand new D22; so here I am.

Anyhow, please be gentle with me guys, as I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as I know absolutely nothing about anything at this stage.
Thanks in advance for all the information I know I'll get from this site.

Cheers,
Huey

Welcome Huey, where ya from?

How gentle do we have to be, kit gloves or sucker punches? :sarcastic:

Welcome to the Forum mate.
You will find plenty of info on both the car and 4x4ing.
And remember, if you can't find what you're after by searching don't be afraid to ask.

G'day Huey,

Congratulations on your new purchase, it's a bloody exciting time waiting for your new ride. Just remember, be very careful when you drive it out of the dealers yard, if it's going to go ass up, that'll be when.

The best bit of advice I got when I started 4WD'ing was from a mate. He said "4WD is for getting you out of trouble, not into it". If you remember that for a while you'll be fine.

Welcome Huey

Have you been waiting long?

I have been waiting a while. They told me the factory in Thailand had been flooded & they were making them in Japan. A shipment arrived mid December but I was away & couldn't take delivery until this week.

Their marketing team were quick & are calling them "special edition".

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,
Haven't been waiting long too at all - so far. They already have found a vehicle for me, but it's at another dealership which is only 70km's away in Gunnedah (but it may as well be 500km's away as it doesn't make them deliver it any quicker). I put a deposit on it last Friday and I was told they "should" have it in Tamworth this week.
Unfortunately, they didn't guarantee they WOULD have it this week and even if they do, that doesn't mean I'll get it this week???

Latest posts

Back