Another Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMentalGrey

Reaction score
Hi all. Thought I'd join up having just picked up a 2007 STX, my first ute. Haven't got any big plans for it, but a tow bar and reverse camera are on the list.

Always find forums the best way to find out about stuff and looking forward to learning more about the 'new' truck.

Hi.

EGR delete and swirl mod straight away. Google "Nissan NADS" to read why.

Also bigger exhaust to gain a more useable power delivery.

Timing chain dual row upgrade from yd25.com.au.
they're good to deal with and their kit is top notch.
A mix of genuine Nissan, and European aftermarket gear.
I bought a Spain built 2007 d40 STX 3 years ago.
Had no chain rattle or any sign of engine wear.
Timing chain snapped going up Willunga Hill near Adelaide, odo on 72,000 ks.
Repair cost around 8 grand by local mechanic. Would be twice that from Nissan.
I put the yd25 kit in, should've done it straight away.
Also, egr blank plate, Mann Hummel provent 200 catch can, radiator bypass if it's an auto.
You should also check with Nissan that the recalls have been done on it, there's recalls on the bonnet latch, alloy rims and tow bar that are fairly catastrophic if they go ping.
Just call them and give the VIN.

Thanks. Was aware of the clutch issues with these, so bought one without a towbar. the timing chain thing is a bit scary, going to have to save some coins. Catch can sounds doable.

I picked the D40 over other brands because of the better size, esp in the back and that they are cheaper than similar age hilux. We also have a 2011 R51 pathfinder as our main family car and reckon it's great.

Last edited:
Still love it

I do still love the car and will never sell it , I just feel like these are things I should share.
Mine is the only one I've heard of that let the timing chain go before 120,000 ks.
The engine was under severe strain at the time, full tonne of load, canopy, big tyres on, ladders on the roof, boosting hard at 100 up a long steep hill.
I was heading to a mates 30th 😁

Still, it probly shouldna gone bang

D40 are mint.
Look after it and she'll serve you well.

Plenty of info on here,

Best advice find out which model you have and WHERE it was built, makes ordering parts so easy

Yup got the model differences sussed. Mine is Spanish built, checked the VIN. I've already ordered a tow bar for a Spanish built and it's on the way from RAdelaide.

Welcome aboard!

A few rules for the D40:

* Wheels only go above the car when you're having way too much fun for your health

* Not all hitchhikers with long blonde hair are females

* If you MUST pick your nose, wind the window down before flicking it at a passing police car

* Same applies for loogies

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks.
* Will try to keep half the wheels on the ground at all times, one or two in the air isn't an issue is it?
* Been ages since I picked up a hitch hiker. Things seem to have changed, will keep an eye out.
* Fixed the auto window feature (thanks to the forum) now can resume nose cleaning.

Latest posts

Back