Another write off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky it wasn't Chinese Whispers.

can you imagine what sort of injuries the women would of had then..... her legs have popped off and she has the door imbedded in her shoulder....... or something like that hahaha

Sorry to hear about the lux mate!! It's never good when you write off a car. I write off my vs Calais 5.0L by hitting a parked car, doesn't pay to drink and drive! Also, I write off my vx ss doing third gear power slide, popping my diff and ending up in some poor guys house :S

I share your pain

The weird thing is she was standing out side her landrover Defender and reached in to turn the ignition off and ended up turning it on due to the weird pomy reverse key thingy, so the car started, first pining her in between the car and tree, then she fell to the ground where her own car run her over.....
man it was hard getting all that from the UHF to the 000 operator

WOW, that's a nasty result from a simple brain fart - lucky you folks were around to help!

WOW, that's a nasty result from a simple brain fart - lucky you folks were around to help!

Your not wrong about the "brain Fart"

The bad side about trying to help, was when my cousin asked another lot of campers to move so the chopper could land, he was told that it was a bit too much of a hassle and was called "A BRIGHT SPARK"...... He nearly smacked the dude in the chops and chased him around his car until his wife said that she would move their stuff.... Bloody selfish dipshits.

Sorry to hear about the lux mate!! It's never good when you write off a car. I write off my vs Calais 5.0L by hitting a parked car, doesn't pay to drink and drive! Also, I write off my vx ss doing third gear power slide, popping my diff and ending up in some poor guys house :S

I share your pain

Nothing to be proud of there. Stick to driving slow in the navara mate.

I started it today. Its a pain in the neck, you have to remove all the A/C pump, brackets ect to get the manifold off, then there is the one obligatory bolt that is in the worst position, and requires a special socket to get the F$%#ER OFF..... GGGRRRRR lol

I remember helping a mate pull his Compressor off in his old 4Runner. From memory, there was alot of swearing.

He blew the gearbox in that thing twice. 33's and a NA 3L Diesel, its got me !@#$ed how the engine killed it. Lol.

I remember helping a mate pull his Compressor off in his old 4Runner. From memory, there was alot of swearing.

He blew the gearbox in that thing twice. 33's and a NA 3L Diesel, its got me !@#$ed how the engine killed it. Lol.

OH yeah the young bloke learnt a whole heap of new words this arvo, hahahaha

Maybe it just lost all the oil, because i cant see the raw power of the 3L blowing anything up. I dont think it could blow a balloon up with out the little hairdryer. hahaha

Dunno. His uncle is the head Diesel mechanic at the local Heavy Vehicle Tafe.

Sure came in handy for rebuilding the gearbox.

I have learnt alot of what I know from him. Very very switched on man.

do you know much about "SCHWITZER" Turbo's???
The one on this Hilux has a little to much vertical play for my liking.
How much do you reckon it would cost to rebuild before i put it on the new ute?

There a German turbo.

Cant say I have had much to do with them.

Maybe $800 to rebuild it.

Since its not going to be intercooled, might be worth getting it inspected.

You have seen D22 ZD30 turbo's take out the engine.

You on faebook Nath ?

Yeah mate they do a shit load of damage.

The difference between the two set ups is that the SCHWITZER/DENCO kit has to run from the turbo on one side of the motor, then up and over the rocker cover via an induction manifold to the intake.

So with that distance it wont be as big of an issue.

As for the play i felt, i spoke with the guys from "DENCO" this morning and it appears to be normal for these particular Turbo's to have some play when they are not running.

The reason being is that the unit needs to be pressurised by the oil being pumped into the Turbo to allow it to run on a small layer of oil.

According to those guys there is no chance of it doing what the ZD30 does, so they said not to worry about running an intercooler on the PUSSLUX.

OH yeah im on facebook.

Back