any $$ assistance in timming chains through Nissan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of buying a 2010 d22 6 weeks ago, 130k on the clock. Love it, THEN after 2 weeks of owing it I start to get a whining noise at the front of the motor. It's currently at the mechanics getting checked out, after a bit of feedback it's not lookin good for me.
What I'm wondering is if there is some kind of assistance from Nissan seeings that the yd25 timing chain is a fairly common issue. I can't seem to see or find any kind of recall on it.
Just wondering if it's worth emailing Nissan and putting in a complaint in a shit quality part that's costing people thousands, and if they'd help foot some of the bill.
I rang Nisscare here in Adelaide and their words were "commin fault, happens at 150k Mark on the d22 yd25"
Fcukn pissed!

It's a noted problem but seems to be less common on d22's
Check out yd25.com.au
They do a double row chain conversion kit that is the biz. I know of a few guys that have only paid the difference to Nissan if car is under warranty.
You could also keep hounding Nissan and they may do a good will thing.

Budget around 1k from Nissan
I think the double row kit is a bit more expensive.

It's a noted problem but seems to be less common on d22's
Check out yd25.com.au
They do a double row chain conversion kit that is the biz. I know of a few guys that have only paid the difference to Nissan if car is under warranty.
You could also keep hounding Nissan and they may do a good will thing.

Budget around 1k from Nissan
I think the double row kit is a bit more expensive.

My mechanic did mentioned yd25.com, think that's who he's getting the parts etc through.
Unfortunately I'm not under warranty so I gotta pay it all. D40 d22 their all yd25, have timing chain issues so I'll send a few emails n see what happens... Probably nothing but its a start

How often do you get the noise? Or is it constant? People have had issues with belts causing similar noise when cold and it goes away with new belts...

There's been a couple of people say that nissan have done " goodwill " claims for them. Worth a try.

I've just recently changed all belts etc and has made the engine a lot more quiet.
The whining noise is evident between 1200rpm - 2000rpm revs going up and down, is always there.
Mechanic showed me the chain today and the first 20 links he checked out 5 were exceeding the stretch indications, so the chain definitely needs to be changed but he's unsure what's causing the noise. He also pointed out that my tensioner is weak and has stuff all compression behind it.
I've been emailing an other member in here that had posted a whining noise and had a video of it, mine made exact noise and showed the exact symptoms as his. He had his timing chain replaced since and the noise is gone.
Mite try my luck with this "goodwill" thing. Fingers crossed, if my oil pump is shagged too I'm looking at a 4k repair.

Latest posts

Back