Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Fella's

I am in foggy Dubbo on my way to Wanaaring to some pig and goat hunting :shoot:with my youngest son (17).I will let you know how we go when I get back.

Shane

dont forget some pic's of the grunters

just starting to get back into hunting myself used to do alot of hunt when i was a kid. but since i moved to arnhem land just about everyone up here hunts. Im going to give everything ago. So far I've been out hunting with guns and also dogs. haven't done any hunting with a bow yet but wanting to give it a go. plenty of game up here. buffs, pigs donkey, camp dogs, wild cats. buffs have been know to came walking down the main street of the little town.

shanz

Im from the southwest of wa and hunt pigs. No guns just my trusty dogs and a knife. I have a Staghound x Bull arab and my old man runns a stag and a bullarab the mother and father of mine. We generally get away once or twice a week and as of late we have been coming up with the goods each trip. Nothing better than watching your own dog bail of the ute and get its own pig!!! get off the road and in the bush is what i love to do getting something is just a bonus!

I do a bit of hunting, mostly with my 25-06 rifle, but occasionally I've been out with dogs. Hunt mostly around the St Lawrance area, north of Rockhampton QLd. Pic below.

A 105kg live weight boar, cousin and I shot. 2 shots each, 3 central to heart/lungs area and 1 behind the ear, which finally brought him down. I used my 25-06 and my cuz uses a 308. I'm in the grey shirt.

- Coza

Attachments

• image-3715608450.jpg
    image-3715608450.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 90
I do a bit of hunting, mostly with my 25-06 rifle, but occasionally I've been out with dogs. Hunt mostly around the St Lawrance area, north of Rockhampton QLd. Pic below.

A 105kg live weight boar, cousin and I shot. 2 shots each, 3 central to heart/lungs area and 1 behind the ear, which finally brought him down. I used my 25-06 and my cuz uses a 308. I'm in the grey shirt.

- Coza

You from the rocky area mate?

A great past time for the hole family, out in the outdoors. Even my misses has a shot with the .22 every now and then. my best mate's 2.5 year old son love to come for ride's on the quads and the 4wd's when we aren't actually hunting.
we go to my uncles cattle farm at cassilis, he has a cabin just down from the main house that me and my 2 mate's family's crash in, great weekend away. Roos, foxs, rabbits, deer, and the occasional pig.

Hi Fellas

We we got 4 goats and 4 pigs.Pigs had worms in them not good. 3 of the goat's that we shot had tumors:hmmmm2: in the fat between the skin and meat.So no meat was brought home but 10kg of yabbie tails came home.:big_smile:.
Went to Wanaaring Pub on State of Origin night and a good night was had by all even the kids.
The navara went well done close to 3000kms and used approx 320lt of fuel.
The rifle's that we used were both Ruger's.My son's was 25-06.My one is in 308.

Shane

Attachments

• 124_0003.jpg
    124_0003.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 124_0015.jpg
    124_0015.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 124_0017.jpg
    124_0017.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: