Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, butchers are selling them for $20+.
If it wasn't for the fact that they are sold as game rabbit, I'd build another lot of rabbit pens in the back yard and get the missus working on them again. Oh wait, major failure, she would give them all names and that would stop their sale.

On another matter, I understand that the Riverina has a mouse plague atm. New hunters could start small and work up {:).

Hi Fellas

I have been shooting since I was a kid (grandfather owned a farm 6000 acre's).When I was younger I did a lot of fox shooting mainly .222.Now I chase pigs and goats.I currently use 308 or 25-06.I also shot at Anzac rifle range Malabar back to 800 metre's.

Shane

Attachments

• 100_1145.jpg
    100_1145.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_1129.jpg
    100_1129.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
hey guys, I just moved to melbourne area and its killing me being so far from many good hunting spots.

Got a hunting bow that i have spent about $2500 on so far. Its smacked its fair share of rabbits and foxes but dad has informed me his farm is crawling with hog Deer so hopefully ill have one on the ground this year.

Any hunters livign in the western side of melbourne?

I hunt rabbits, foxs, and deer. I live in south west Vic so there aren't many pigs or goats Here to hunt.

just picked up my new Remington 300 magnum yesterday....
gotta try it out over easter....
its gona kick like a mule..lol

Ive tried bow hunting but could never get close enough to goats to hit them so I applied for my gun licence and put some money down on it kit like this bad boy. Its a Remington 700 in .308. Should be enough to take down goats and pigs, mabye even a buffalo or 2

Ive tried bow hunting but could never get close enough to goats to hit them so I applied for my gun licence and put some money down on it kit like this bad boy. Its a Remington 700 in .308. Should be enough to take down goats and pigs, mabye even a buffalo or 2

for close range shooting,even up to 300 meters,look into getting a red dot sight...
they are soooo easy and quick to use....both eyes open, lign up the red dot on to the target and away you go.
when pig hunting im replacing the scope with the red dot....every fraction of a second counts when the beasts are on the run...:rock:

Ive been looking at them. My mate bought one off ebay for his .460S&W. I think they were only about $60. Im gonna be target shooting up to 1200m hence the dirty big scope

Going shooting this Easter at a game reserve in Natal. Have shot at anything since Afghanistan, be a pleasant change to bring down something that not shooting back

Ive been looking at them. My mate bought one off ebay for his .460S&W. I think they were only about $60. Im gonna be target shooting up to 1200m hence the dirty big scope

Ive got a new 308 on the way. Hopefully soon, been waiting close to a year now for the smith to finish her. Cant wait. Had a nightforce NXS sitting in the draw for over 9 months now waiting..lol

You loading your own loads Boosted? 1200m is a getting out there for a 308. Im still trying to find some nice open land to practice abit more long range shooting. Think i found a new location that will get me out to 800 or so yards.

Ive got the same rifle as yours in .223. Not a bad rifle, i change the stock over which helped.

If you want a really good shooting forum to check out, have a look at snipershide.com or australian forum is shooting.com.au. Heaps of good info on those.

Pete

Does anyone know where I could hunt goats in western Vic / south east S.A ?

nice pic tweak'e,

I try to go 3 to 4 times a year for a week at a time. Mainly hunt foxes, goat and pigs, haven't seen my first deer yet. enjoy 4wding and camping can already smell the camp fire talking bout hunting trips. shoot with 243, 7x57 and 45/70. enjoy helping the local farmers.

Does anyone know where I could hunt goats in western Vic / south east S.A ?

Maybe go into your local DSE office and ask them. They also have maps on there website if you look hard enough which shows all the locations you can hunt dear.

Also check out shooting.com.au

Been a few threads on there about this and how to go about finding land to hunt on.

Pete

Huntings good fun, just hard to find suitable land. I mainly hunt feral animals, foxes and rabbits, but dont get out as much as i would like. Really want to get some feral dogs to, help out a little bit as they are a huge problem. Need to know people with land though, and thats the hard part.

Be nice to own a few acres somewhere, not going to happen for me anytime soon though.

Ive got a new 308 on the way. Hopefully soon, been waiting close to a year now for the smith to finish her. Cant wait. Had a nightforce NXS sitting in the draw for over 9 months now waiting..lol

You loading your own loads Boosted? 1200m is a getting out there for a 308. Im still trying to find some nice open land to practice abit more long range shooting. Think i found a new location that will get me out to 800 or so yards.

Ive got the same rifle as yours in .223. Not a bad rifle, i change the stock over which helped.

If you want a really good shooting forum to check out, have a look at snipershide.com or australian forum is shooting.com.au. Heaps of good info on those.

Pete

Nightforce? Must have cost a pretty penny.

Im looking at loading my own rounds to get consistency. Shooting to 1200m with a .308 may be a long way but it will make me a better shooter in the long run. So many people say that its impossible to shoot that distance but it just takes practice and persistance.

A lot of people are saying that the stocks are rubbish from new and to get a better one. The action and barrel must be pretty good seeing as they base the M40 off it.

Ive had a look through shooting.com.au but havent really seen much through snipershide.com yet.

i think 1200 m is way too far for a 308..
have a look at gunnersden.com for all ballistic info for all different calibers...
very informative site,i just found it tonight and found very helpfull info there..

anyway that scope would be too hard to get onto a moving target out in the field,but very good on the range.
most shots would be in thick scrub anyway,so u wont need to zero in on something that far away..

Latest posts

Back