Anyone had Calmini UCA installed on a 2012 D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-D22pilot

Reaction score
Hi, have purchased Calmini upper control arms for my 2012 D22, it has a 2 inch lift already, my mechanic says there was trouble fitting them and grinding had to be done, just wondered if anyone else with a jap build has had them fitted?

I am thinking the jap build may be different, hope to get the car back today and see exactly what did not fit.

Mine is an 08 Jap built and fitted mine myself. No problems at all. No grinding. They should have just slipped in to the original position. That's a strange one.

Cheers

I'd be asking what needed grinding. The chassis are the same from 97-13. I did mine 2weeks ago myself in a 09 Thai and never had one issue. In saying that there was someone on here that had problems with balljoint not fitting into the arm.

If you can let us know what needed grinding it may give is something to look out for on ours?

Rusty

Yer I saw the ball joint one, that was way out lol, ill get some pics but I am thinking its just the build, was hoping some one with a 2012 D22 could confirm they never had a issue ;)

On my 08 I hit mine with a grinder to give a little more clearance for the shocks as the would just touch the gusset, the new design uca's has fixed this though.

On my 08 I hit mine with a grinder to give a little more clearance for the shocks as the would just touch the gusset, the new design uca's has fixed this though.

That is what is was, just around the shock to give it more clearance, all good now ;)

That is what is was, just around the shock to give it more clearance, all good now ;)

Did yiu buy the arms new or second hand? As the cutout for the shock has been changed for a long time. I had mine in the garage waiting to be fitted for a couple of mknths and they have thr large shock cutout. No grinding invloved here. Also shock size would play a big part aswell. Im only running bilsteins which are smaller then the rancho and other brands.

Rusty

Did yiu buy the arms new or second hand? As the cutout for the shock has been changed for a long time. I had mine in the garage waiting to be fitted for a couple of mknths and they have thr large shock cutout. No grinding invloved here. Also shock size would play a big part aswell. Im only running bilsteins which are smaller then the rancho and other brands.

Rusty

I got them new, probably old stock because after reading a few threads in here, I am one of the few that purchased them from a dealer in Australia lol ;)

The shock is a terrain tamer nitro gas, its a bit bigger I think

Hey mate I have a 2012 jai build and I had no issues with the calmini arms went straight in must b the newer design , only problem I have is rubbing issues with 32's don't know what to do ...

Hey mate I have a 2012 jai build and I had no issues with the calmini arms went straight in must b the newer design , only problem I have is rubbing issues with 32's don't know what to do ...

Rubbing when turning? isn't there a way you can put longer wheel bolts in and a spacer behind the rim to flair em out? Or is it special rims that offset the tyre a bit? Something like that ;)

Hear are some pics of my setup,

image-2373231754.jpg

New style for reference

image-1077046200.jpg

New style arms

image-4057376711.jpg

Shock clearance

Navmanias setup is the same with bilsteins instead of rancho. I may have to import some rancho shocks in the long future to put in place. I see my bilstiens lasting a long time though

I defo want the adjustable Ranchos, kinda blown the budget for a bit though ;( Ill get some pics next week ;)

Hey guys! I'm new to this site and was just wandering what websites you guys bought your Calmini UCA's off. I have a Brand new D22 2.5l and im looking at getting a 3 inch lift!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Guys , what are the part numbers for the Bilsteins and adjustable Rancho's that will suit the 3" Calmini setup ?

also where would you recommend buying from in the USA ?

thanks

Guys , what are the part numbers for the Bilsteins and adjustable Rancho's that will suit the 3" Calmini setup ?

also where would you recommend buying from in the USA ?

thanks

I used 4x4parts.com

The website is pretty straight forward and i had no problems ordering from them.

Hey guys! I'm new to this site and was just wandering what websites you guys bought your Calmini UCA's off. I have a Brand new D22 2.5l and im looking at getting a 3 inch lift!
Thanks!

Calmini.com from the states or know as purenissan.com

Easy to deal with but i would suggest doing a bit of research into 3" sus lifts and get peoples reviews. Alot of people finding 2"sus and 2" body much more stable also using calmini arms up front for extra travel.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back