Anyone recognise the red D40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can go both ways depending on where you are from, but the thing that doesn't change is the number of teachers present.

having a good go there' plenty of right foot lol Not bad for a money sucking piece of shit i reckon.

Your talking about towing with a winch cable now? I would not like to do that. The amount of pressure that would shock through the cable between the two points would be crazy. Towing with correct equipment with a little stretch in the line is a bad enough jerk on the equipment and the vehicles, let alone using a winch cable with very very little to no stretch.

The thought was that with a winch capable of so much pulling power that it would also represent some form of anchor on the front for a flat tow.

It's obvious that even with a winch up front, rated recovery points are also required.

I notice it has no lockers. Climbing one of the hills you could clearly see the right-front wheel stopped and the right-rear spinning - now he went up the hill after that, so I can only imagine that he was in 4WD with the front-left spinning like mad.

That's dangerous - as some members of this forum have discovered, it can cause the front diff, axles or CVs to let go - one had his diff split in half!

Before I do any off-roading like that, I'll get lockers.

Nice vid, now there is a guy not affraid to use his Nav. unlike the teachers

I think you might have misunderstood
There is nothing wrong with using the truck to its fullest capabilities.
However using snatch or tow straps in the wrong way can be extremely dangerous.
Using the factory tie down point or a tow ball for towing is dangerous. They are not designed for that and have been well known to brake with disastrous outcomes.
I have more than likely done thousands of flat tows on the race track. Everything from the very light open wheelers to the 8 tonne Bandage Bullet. I make sure my gear is safe and correctly connected.I personally would not want someone getting hurt from my mistakes .

I commented on his 1st vid about the questionable recoveries and he said he now uses a proper recovery hitch.

He def uses plenty of right foot there. I know I wasn't there, but I think if his tyres were deflated more that would solve some of his troubles, and it seems as though mud is his preferred style of driving, so maybe a set of muddies or an aggressive set of all terrains.

It's Bravobrad. He changed it from a KC to a DC.

No it's not. I don't know who it is.

Lovely receovery technique right there at 49 seconds.

Latest posts

Back