Anyone recognise this car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really shouldn't matter, given the damage to each corner about the only way the accident could have happened would be one car backing out of a spot and one car in the carriage way and under those circumstances the reversing car has to be at fault for failure to give way.

Unless there is something really obvious missing to the story i can't see the other person would have a leg to stand on without either being proven wrong or admitting she was parked wrongly in the first place.

yeah tottaly agree Krafty
The daughters car is covered by 3rd party so will just pass on all the info to GIO and let them deal with it.However I will mention that I really suspect its a scam and I will be making a claim against AAMI for the damages on the daughters car

Im assuming your daughter is at fault? I cannot understand how you'd be able to claim off AAMI if your car is the at fault party.

Damage is consistent with being reversed into and without independant witnesses, it would be hard to prove its pre-existing damage.

Im assuming your daughter is at fault? I cannot understand how you'd be able to claim off AAMI if your car is the at fault party.

Damage is consistent with being reversed into and without independant witnesses, it would be hard to prove its pre-existing damage.

Ok am kinda curious.Daughters car is the red Hyundai and it was stopped and the damage is on the side of her vehicle and not at the rear. The silver /gold camry damage is on the rear and not on the side.
Not sure I see how you can say the red car ran into the other car

Not hard to see that there is not enough impact on the red car for the other car to have done that amount of damage
Its a Hyundai for sh1ts sake lol its not a strong car by any means and the toyota would have destroyed it if it had been a hard impact

I think scam as well. To my eyes, the Camry would need to have hit something fairly sharp or pointy (for want of a better word) to have caused the bumper to be dented like that - and that's clearly not the case with your daughter's car. I'd be showing those cars to a panel beater and getting their thoughts. But as others mentioned, let the insurance companies sort it out.

As an aside, I had a Toyota Aurion as a company car and put a similar dint as the Camry's into the front of it, but with no paint damage. My panel beater mate told me to heat it with a hair dryer and pop it out. worked a treat.

Hey Aussie, from all that I've seen it looks like the camry has taken out a tow bar in reverse, makes that exact damage. I'd say its a scam imo.

Ok latest update.
I finally got onto AAMI who is the Toyota's insurer.
They are claiming the rear bar, a front indicator ( not sure globe or fitting) and a faulty Air bag Controller.
I have spoken to the claims department and have yet to assess the car. I sent them pics of the 2 cars and told them I will definitely be disputing the claim.I suggested that there is a possibility that it was existing damage and they the other car drove into my daughters car on purpose with the sole purpose of an insurance scam
As i said to the guy who was actually very understanding that to get the amount of damage to the Toyota it would do considerably more damage to a Hyundai . He said he would have to see the damage so I sent him the pictures.
I asked if he had ever heard of a minor car accident that had set off the air bags and also broken an indicator on the other end of a car. He said he agreed it was somewhat unusual. Anyway hopefully have well and truely planted a seed of extreme doubt so stay tuned lol

Last edited:
Nah what really happen was your daughter hit hard enough that the punch in the rear of the Yota popped the front light out, it's simple physics at play. The air bag controller was damaged because it's installed in the back corner behind the bumper in that model Yota.

The reason there is little damage to her car is because the bumper is made from self restoring foam and it popped back out without any sign of it being there.

It's time to pay up the evidence is obvious.

Lol Krafty
I went out to her car this afternoon and there is no strength behind her rear bumper on the sides. I could flex it in and out with stuff all pressure at all.Maybe it was the imaginary tow bar on the Hyundai that did the damage lol
One of the guys at work suggested it looked exactly the same as his did when his wife reversed into the tow bar on his car
Definately not a Hyundai strike lol

It's an interesting prospect that I can't quite figure out. Run into someone with the rear of your car and then try and claim for front end damage. Wish we'd thought of that with the trucks, every roo strike on the bullbar could have got us a new rear roller door or tailgate.

Total scam.
How low would your daughters car be to crumple that area of the camry and hit her tailight.
Also where is the paint transfer. Your daughters car should have silver on it and the camry should have red.
The camry looks like it has been backed into by a towball.

what a pathetic attempt at a scam haha. I had a bit of a simmilar thing not long ago, reversed out and stopped,put it in first then some old guy tried to squeeze through in a rush and opened from the start of his rear door through to his tail light like a sardine can on my steel tray. He admitted it but his wife had other ideas (she wasnt even there). Anyway her insurance company contacted me asking for the money and i told them what happened,they sent me a form and i filled that out sayin what happened also with a drawing of the carpark and how the damage only proved it was impossible for her account of what happened to be true.
So what im saying is once you fill out a form that tells your side of the story (add a birdseye drawing of the car park and where each car was positioned and direction of travel ect ect) and provide your reasons and proof there is no way in hell that they can say your daughter was at fault .
I wouldnt stress to much, insurance companys arent all that smart sometimes but a 12 yr old could see this is a scam just looking at these 2 photos

I spoke with them today and he said typically in this situation it will be deemed both drivers at fault so fix your own car type deal. Happy with that will cost leas than $50 to get a new taillight however, they wont be anywhere near so lucky lol. If they go through with the claim they will get to pay full excess lol, and it will be noted they made a false claim .
Sux to be them
Karma is a Bitch lol

That's what happened with mine,pay your own way. Me-touch up a square in h of paint on my steel tray. Them- About 6000 worth of damage to fix.
LOVE IT serves them right for trying to screw us and steal our money!!!

what a pathetic attempt at a scam haha. I had a bit of a simmilar thing not long ago, reversed out and stopped,put it in first then some old guy tried to squeeze through in a rush and opened from the start of his rear door through to his tail light like a sardine can on my steel tray. He admitted it but his wife had other ideas (she wasnt even there). Anyway her insurance company contacted me asking for the money and i told them what happened,they sent me a form and i filled that out sayin what happened also with a drawing of the carpark and how the damage only proved it was impossible for her account of what happened to be true.
So what im saying is once you fill out a form that tells your side of the story (add a birdseye drawing of the car park and where each car was positioned and direction of travel ect ect) and provide your reasons and proof there is no way in hell that they can say your daughter was at fault .
I wouldnt stress to much, insurance companys arent all that smart sometimes but a 12 yr old could see this is a scam just looking at these 2 photos

i had a collision with a car on my p's.
both cars were deemed at fault (i ran a yellow, they failed to give way)

the lady claimed to have a poor grasp of english... (didnt seem so bad when she first got out of her car) and then her insurance company contacted me saying the she said it happened on a road in a completely different suburb...

i just gave them the the police report number,
dont know how they thought they would get away with it. (police and fire on the scene, both cars towed away and my sister left in an ambulance)

.... probably explains why i got my excess back a few months later

i had a collision with a car on my p's.
both cars were deemed at fault (i ran a yellow, they failed to give way)

the lady claimed to have a poor grasp of english... (didnt seem so bad when she first got out of her car) and then her insurance company contacted me saying the she said it happened on a road in a completely different suburb...

i just gave them the the police report number,
dont know how they thought they would get away with it. (police and fire on the scene, both cars towed away and my sister left in an ambulance)

.... probably explains why i got my excess back a few months later

You would think that if they where going to try to lie they could do a batter job, same place would be a good start haha

Latest posts

Back