Anyone running 265/70r17 NSW?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J13NST

Reaction score
Hi, i have D40 ST came with Rim17 from Stock. heard my car doesnt allow to go rim size 16 due to larger brake. if i want to go one size up tyre from stock 255/65r17 next closest thing is265/70r17.
which is 39mm larger diameter than stock. some say its ok some say its not. call rta several times some say 15mm is max. others were saying 50mm lift max inc suspension. thinking of getting OME they said i will get 20mm to 30mm lift so adding 20mm from tyre lift will still be under 50mm overall lift. hs anyone hdlad to go thru engineer for this?
i certain dont want to drive illegal car. and yes i tried engineers to. some say ok other say i need to get engineered. i asked why some people are saying i neee to get cert done and soke dont they said laws are constantly changing or something so loosing track on it.
also with OME lift will 265/70r17 rub on guard in any circumstances?

I run 265/70/R17 BFG AT's on my D40. No rubbing issues etc so all good on that side.

According to the NCOP you can increase tyre size by up to 50mm in rolling dia. In the ACT they have fully adopted the NCOP so my tyres are legal.
However NSW has NOT yet fully adopted the NCOP and I believe they are only allowing 15mm so in theory my D40 is illegal in NSW.
NSW will at some stage , according to my Engineer . be adopting the NCOP in full so 50mm increase will become legal

The way the NCOP looks at it is that you are allowed 50mm in overall lift without requiring and engineers certificate. This is a combined lift of rubber and suspension.So if your tyres give you 10mm in lift then your allowed 40mm in suspension lift.
Anything above the 50mm will require and Engineers Certificate
You can change springs and shocks without any issues . However if you have adjustable coilovers then thats going to requires engineering. As will after market suspension arms

wow thanks alot for that. might just wait till NCOP kicks in nsw. not sure 400 is worth paying engineer for it. when its legal other states.
also you reckon it will rub without lift?

Latest posts

Back