anyone running 275/70/16

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
hi, i`ve seen this size tyre for sale and figure they could be a winner for standard wheels and suspension. are they good to fit to an STR D22 on the stock 4 spoke alloy rims? thanks for the help in advance (((-;

They go on the standard alloys well, the width is the max for a 7 inch rim you will get a bit more height too. Perhaps a less common size in the scrub if you had an issue but the standard size on Landcruisers mounted on a 8 inch rim.

i had pirelli atrs 275x70x16 before the current tyres. scrubbed slightly on the right side mudflap. cut a bit out of the inside of the mudflap and it hardly ever touched after that.

It really depends on the tyre you get. I have 265/75 falken wildpeak ats on the stock alloys on mine and only had a bit of scrubbing on the little bit that pokes out on the very inside of the mudflap. You won't really know how much or if you need to trim them at all until you get them on there and see how much room you have... mine only rubbed when not quite at full lock with suspension flexing. Normal steering they were fine.

is it really worth spending the extra dollars on this wider tire. the 265 ,s are expensive enough so for the extra 10mm whats the price difference ?

cool, hey glen! where the pirellis any good? (((-:

yes they did scrub but as mentioned a trim of the inside mudflap fixed it. only time it slightly scrubbed after that was off road.

Pirellis were great tyres but i wanted something a little more agressive. i paid the same price as 265s as they had the 275s in stock.

great on the road and i thought i was king of the sand on fraser.

Last edited:
I'm running bfg at's in this size with stock suspension and alloys I get a very small amount of rubbing on full right lock. I think I'll be going back to 265/75 once these are ready to be replaced - in about another 70 000 km's time! 265's are slightly taller, I prefer the extra mm in diff clearance that the wider footprint

Just had 265 75 16s put on mine standar rims no lift
Kumho mt51s seem to going ok so far. Havent scrubbed on roads. Havent played off road yet.
Ran the gps and my speedo has gone from being out by 10% down to 6%.

Latest posts

Back