anyone use the ipad2 ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Mud Maps HD on an IPad2, its unreal!

The app has VMS maps, Itopo maps, 100% Australian coverage 1:25,000 scale maps. Plus now, best of all Google Earth Satellite! That is cool, very cool and it works in the middle of the Simpson Desert, I can vouch for that. The other good thing is every time they improve the App, you get the update free (after initial purchase).

VMS are partnered with Mud Maps HD, so it's no "no name".

I use VMS and happy with the maps and coverage but the interface is a little clunky. Also of recent trip I was very frustrated to find that even though I understood I had downloaded all the maps to my ipad it still wanted server access to download the rest of the detail when I zoomed. Frustrating had to revert to paper maps as no data in the area.

Still, I will say one thing for VMS, the customer support is excellent. They very politely replied next day to my email ranting about the data issue described above.

Also, somebody said that VMS and mud map were the same company, I was reading 4WD action forum that while Mudmap used to licence the VMS name they are not the same company and now are completely separate.

How I mount my iPad

Attachments

• iPad dash mount 001.jpg
    iPad dash mount 001.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 95
  • iPad dash mount 002.jpg
    iPad dash mount 002.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 89
  • iPad dash mount 003.jpg
    iPad dash mount 003.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 89
  • iPad dash mount 004.jpg
    iPad dash mount 004.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 95
  • iPad dash mount 006.jpg
    iPad dash mount 006.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 108
The wire I have used is 1.6mm stainless steel TIG welding rod/wire - very stiff and strong.
And the last photo is running MudMap..

Attachments

• iPad dash mount 007.jpg
    iPad dash mount 007.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 100
  • iPad dash mount 010.jpg
    iPad dash mount 010.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 97
I'm using the ram mount unit forming and it's great first up but one the aluminium starts swaying in the base it becomes very flimsy, not to netio. You can't adjust the seat position either.

Latest posts

Back