Anyone with UNICHIP?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I contacted Unichip.us to supply me a unichip for my VQ40 as I couldn't find any options for petrol in Aus. They where more than helpful with any questions I had and more than prepared to sell it to me. Nothing about "out of our region". The quote was like 900USD shipped. I didn't go ahead with it as I couldn't justify 300 to ship a small box. I have since found the only authorised dealer in Aus for Uprev is in my city and very keen to get his hands on my ute as am I. Hopin for about 200rwkw.

Again, I hear what your saying. All the overseas purchases have to be cleared by their head manager, which happens just before they charge your credit card.

I have had no joke hundreds of people tell me off for the price when I was selling unichip's saying the same thing as you have just said.
Yet every single one of them ended up coming back to buy the chip anyway.

No dyno sorry.

I can source a dyno locally to do tuning for customers but not unichip stuff as I dont have the tuning pots :)

I had a unichip in my 2012 auto and in the end it had to be removed due to a couple of minor niggles that just could not be found so the chip was removed and money repaid. This was a major disappointment for me as I thought the unichip system was fantastic both in terms of performance and especially the ability to adjust maps on the fly from a mild but effective economy tune to a wild and fun absolute performance tune (this feature only with optional map switch).The thing that initially attracted me to the unichip was it's ability to control not only rail pressure or injector pulse duration (although it does do both of these as I understand it) but also injector timing and boost. I reckon this was a safer long term alternative to either only a rail pressure chip or a injector duration chip/module.But in the end ,as I said, it just didn't work out and I have now installed a dtuk pdi module and am so far very impressed.As far as me recommending a unichip, I would without hesitation as long as
A- you can find a reputable dealer/installer with the knowledge and experience to make it work properly (and access to a dyno) and guarantee his work.
B-you can live with the cost (around 2k or maybe more)
Let me know what you think. Beejay.

Where are you located beejay and who installed it for you as they sound like someone I would give my money to if I was in the market?

G'day Joe, Andrew from Diesel tech in Lillydale Vic. did my unichip and I cannot speak highly enough of him and his staff. He spent heaps of time trying to fix the rough idle and hesitation in my ute and in the end after many attempts he offered to refund my money which I reluctantly accepted. I live an hour away from Andrew's shop but after good reviews on various forums I decided that he would get the job and it was a good decision in the end. I am in theouter sth eastern area of Melbourne, Tooradin.

Hi Beejay,

It's good that they did the right thing by you and from what you say, they deserve the plug.

I would travel to Lilydale for good service, at least once anyway! :)

A rough idea of location helps from time to time if you are giving or asking for assistance.

Latest posts

Back