ARB Canopies-Top shelf or not?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperST-R

Reaction score
I'm in the market to buy possibley a new ARB canopy for my D22 but would like some feedback from people who have bought them ie: how good are they, would you buy another one etc?

Have priced 3XM and they are coming up dearer then the ARB. Not pricing the sleek sports style either.Crazy.

I would never buy another ARB canopy again. I have one (Not on the Navara) Bad fitting, faulty locks and side windows falling out. Its been back to ARB over 6 times in 3 yrs.

It looks real tough (NOT) with the windows held in by 100mph tape. ARB still don't know what to do about the windows. suggested maybe I go and talk to O'brien glass. Sounds like a plan to make it somebody else's problem.

I have a smooth finish arb canopy with lift up window on the passenger side and front with a sliding window on the driver. I havnt had a drama and I highly rate them

Love my ARB canopy.
I chose it solely for all the lift up windows including the front, and no plastic grommets on the glass covering the screw holes.

I got a canopy from Flexiglass here in Brisbane and can't recommend highly enough that you stay clear of them. My top of the range sports canopy has been useless since day one. With leaks, faulty locks, faulty central locking module, back window locking mesh falling off and worst of all fidget wiring left dangling down after fitting rubbing over the road as I drove off.

As for other companies I can't comment.

Rusty

Only problems with mine were getting the damn thing ( it took forever) and the sealing rubbers around the back window were held by tape which let go.
Took it back and they fitted the old style rubbers - no problems since.
I have the internal rack support with rhino bars on top.
Got a minor creaking noise happening which might be the canopy, but haven't found it yet.

Arb gets my vote
not cheap when you add internal supports and arb rack
but you get what you pay for

Thanks for the input everyone, at the moment I've decided to get a canvas canopy made as I just can't justify spending that much money on just a canopy. Would love a fibreglass one but have other stuff I want to do to the Navvy.

Awesome product I brought my Nav with a arb canopy and it doesn't leak at all and I've never had a problem with locks or anything

I have the smooth ARB canopy and pretty happy with it. Fitting is the key. If it's not done properly than you will get problems. Like not fitting the Teflon tape to the tailgate and the rubber wearing the paint off. I would like to put a rack on mine, dose anyone happen to know how much the strengthening bars are that fit inside the canopy for the racks to mount to.

Cheers.

I did get a price a while ago on, I think by memory they were about $265.00 just for the 2 racks that fit inside the canopy.
Plus the 4 bits that stick up through the roof plus the racks themselves.

I did get a price a while ago on, I think by memory they were about $265.00 just for the 2 racks that fit inside the canopy. Plus the 4 bits that stick up through the roof plus the racks themselves.

Thanks Tony. So that's just for the internal bars nothing else? The other brackets and racks obviously extra. Do I have that rite.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back