ARB - Melbourne

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Showy

Reaction score
I booked my car in with ARB over a week ago to get OME suspension fitted in another 2 weeks, so around 3 weeks notice all up before installation.

I get a call this arvo stating that they can only do the rear suspension, haven't got any of the front torsion bars because they don't have the stock, and can't give me a date on when the front bars might be available. He was pushing for me to just do the rear upgrade.

Anyone else come across this? Yarra Valley ARB, not Kilsyth in Melb.

I told them I'm not interested in getting just half:deadhorse2: the car done, so if anyone in Melbourne can recommend a decent 2" suspension install I'm all ears. I leave for the Cape in 3 weeks.

Cheers.

contact zordo on this forum
zordos4wdsuspension.com.au
he is in brisbane but will post stuff aus wide quickly

Thanks Sparra

I'm aware of Zordo, but I personally don't have the time to install, nor have a mechanic in Melbourne that I can give the job too. I was hoping on having a play in the bush on my way up to the Cape, but my plan B may have to be booking in with him in Qld on my way up.

Shouldn't be this hard - I mean really. Got money... Want to spend on decent suspension... Melbourne a big city... FFS!!! I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel or anything.

I got my lift a week ago and wanted 2" with foam cell shocks but endend up with adjustables for the same price cause they had no stock not from arb though O.L.

Thanks ourd40

I'm in a '09 D22, but I'm assuming the cost would be similar. What sort of coin were you up for, and have you had a chance to assess it yet?

Sorry. I forgot to ask what brand the components are.

Last edited:
he could post down the bits ur missing and you could go back to arb for fitting
if you ordered them tomorrow you would have them by end of week
just a thought
enjoy your cape trip
cheers

yeah heaps nicer ride still tuning in the adjustables, one week on hard, one on soft and one in the middle and see whats better..
I payed $1800 for everything fitted (tough dog)

Tyrepower in Kilsyth did dobinson 2inch on a members Nav not long ago do a search on heata,s build thread. Not far from you

You could probably get EFS torsion bars, rear leaf springs and bilstein shocks for less than the ARB kit, overpriced Chinese made junk from what I have seen, couple people on here have the kit and have pretty bad sag in the rear leaf springs for example.

There is opposite lock in a few locations. There is also Guest 4WD in Fairfield which supply and fit. I imagine there would be a few others around, but I would recommend those two

And the winner is..... well me really.

Firstly thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Ended up going with Tyrepower in Croydon. So far great service, and an awesome price. Scotty if I ever catch up with you, the tab is definitely on me!

Finally getting the 2" suspension, 4 new black steel wheels, 5 BFG muddies, and a safari snorkel - won't recognise my truck when I pick it up!

Thanks and will do. Just wandered outside and took some pice of the before... now doing the SEARCH ENGINE thing and working out how to upload them from my desktop. Car goes in to surgery Thursday of next week, so I get some of my new toys prior to the Queens birthday weekend.

I want my new toys now!!!!

In the mean time, I'm trying to get a winch through Tiger 11, who have run out of stock, have ordered an adjustable Rola roof rack system and Aluminium roof carrier (not basket - the other one), and tomorrow will book in for a Chip It chip in Lilydale.

Pick up new camper trailer in 2 weeks - Now need to work out how to afford to buy some diesel.

Latest posts

Back