ARB rear step towbar for D22, what are peoples thoughts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys,

Just wondering whats people thought of the ARB bars for the D22? I am looking at getting one for X-Mas from my parents but wanted to get peoples opinions first.

Keep in mind that I am not able to make one like some people on the forum (I which I must say HOLY HELL you guys have done a good job!).

I was looking at getting one custom made as well? Has anyone done this?

The other thing I wanted to ask was what are the options that I have for a spare wheel carrier for the D22 nav? I got quoted over $2000 to get one custom made? Is there a factory one made for the D22?

Thanks for your replys!

IMHO, the ARB rear bar is pretty ugly on the d22. It sticks out pretty far kills the departure angle, sure it's a bit of protection, but if you thought you were smacking the chrome rear step...

I'd hold off and hook up with a fabricator around your area (or call Scotty!) and get something slim and custom. I plan on making my own once the body lift is on.

I looked at the ARB in person, and they do stick out too far, plus they are not gusseted at the end of the tube, which could potentially still fold in.

The best rear bar I have seen is this one http://www.navara.asia/parts-accessories-sale/5325-qld-navara-d22-rear-tube-bars.html

made by Mark (Mud4b). However I have left a couple of messages and SMS for him over the last 2 weeks AS I WANT TO ORDER ONE!, but have not heard back from him yet, :sad:

Yeah I had a look at this post today as well, Nice looking bars! But I think the freight would kill me cos Im over in perth. I hate the look of the factory nissan bar IMHO I think they look quite ugly.

raywise said:
I looked at the ARB in person, and they do stick out too far, plus they are not gusseted at the end of the tube, which could potentially still fold in.

The best rear bar I have seen is this one http://www.navara.asia/parts-accessories-sale/5325-qld-navara-d22-rear-tube-bars.html

made by Mark (Mud4b). However I have left a couple of messages and SMS for him over the last 2 weeks AS I WANT TO ORDER ONE!, but have not heard back from him yet, :sad:

I like these bars as well... However, they hug the body work TOO closely. The bar will still flex and rub and damage the panel work. I'd want something similar, sitting about 30mm from any body panels.

I have p.m'd you bud but no reply.
cheers mark.

Yeah I had a look at this post today as well, Nice looking bars! But I think the freight would kill me cos Im over in perth. I hate the look of the factory nissan bar IMHO I think they look quite ugly.

Hi bud.
to perth would only be around $150 through e-go.
cheers mark.

I like these bars as well... However, they hug the body work TOO closely. The bar will still flex and rub and damage the panel work. I'd want something similar, sitting about 30mm from any body panels.

Hi bud.
it sits close at 10 to 15mm but i can confirm they do not touch the bodywork at all... we have put the bar through hell and not once has it moved or touched the body.
cheers mark.

what problem do you have with the standard set up that makes you want a step tow bar?

Back