Arb rear step with body lift nissan d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janssen83

Reaction score
Might be a silly question but I'm about to do a 2 inch body lift on my nissan d22 and I have a nissan tow bar. I want to know is an arb rear step is a tow bar ?i think it is ! Or just a step ? can I mount an arb rear tow bar step to suit a body lift ? Higher up the chassis ? Making my tow bar hight higher ! Iv worded this like shit I know but any help would be great

Yes a ARB Rear Step is a Tow bar. I had one on my nav but recently took it off and sold it so that I could fit a body lift as raising the step to suit wouldnt be easy!

Yer thanks djk I think we are both going down the same build path in a way ! I just wanted to check I remember u asking aWhile back. I have seen it done before but thats why I asked just wondering how much farking around it would be and would it still be strong ? I seen a pic the other day just can't remember if it was this site

Yeh I had a few people had a look at mine and involves re'welding brackets and stuff like that. Bit of a pain was easier to just get rid of it and run no bar just a towbar!

Yer thanks djk I think we are both going down the same build path in a way ! I just wanted to check I remember u asking aWhile back. I have seen it done before but thats why I asked just wondering how much farking around it would be and would it still be strong ? I seen a pic the other day just can't remember if it was this site

can't be that hard can it?

bit of steel, a grinder and a welder should be able to sort it out.

would it still be as strong.... that depends how good of a job you do.

Yer Ben that's what I thought I can get it certified threw a mate at work. I might just keep an eye out for a second hand one to cut up and powder coat I guess ! I don't really like the Crome bar and I don't really like the look of nothing at all. But I would like some form of protection

If you can get one certified why nor build your own? Or have a look at scottybobcats thread on sliders and bars

I have done mine with a 2 inch bodylift. Fair bit of stuffing around, but where you have to cut and reweld doesnt affect the strength of the bar for towing.

Attachments

• 100_0440.jpg
    100_0440.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 233
Thank you very much navman75 exactly what I was after ! Is there any chance that u could snap a pic or two of underneath pls ? your ute looks trick as I knew that I had seen it before cheers

Will post a couple of pics for you tonight. When I did mine though there were no bars available to suit a bodylift. If I was looking for a bar now I'd probably look at a scottybobcat one instead. Be cheaper and a lot less hassle.

Latest posts

Back