Arseholes!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This knob jockey........and what is he doing to that poor duck....utterly disgusting

Attachments

• laurie levy.JPG
    laurie levy.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 65
Decided to get out of the house and go for a little bit of trek to check out some tracks down around blackwood, have just moved over from WA. Stopped just off one the tracks to have lunch and ended up cleaning up someone elses shit. Left with 3 bags full of rubbish and a busted camping chair. This is the reason tracks get closed....bloody slack ****s.

Attachments

• rubbish.jpg
    rubbish.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Decided to get out of the house and go for a little bit of trek to check out some tracks down around blackwood, have just moved over from WA. Stopped just off one the tracks to have lunch and ended up cleaning up someone elses shit. Left with 3 bags full of rubbish and a busted camping chair. This is the reason tracks get closed....bloody slack ****s.

Good onya mate, should be more of it.

took me all of about 15 mins to get all of that as well, there is just no need to leave that shit just sitting there. I try to leave areas better than when i got there if i can.

I get really annoyed that because stuff gets trashed by the dickhead minority that it gets closed, the easy knee jerk reaction. NP and other such authorities should be reminded that they are funded by we tax payers to look after these areas for us, they are not the masters of these area to close them at their will. They are guardians, stewards, maintenance, not lords of the manner.

Which other publicly funded authorities could take the same draconian approach?

Imagine if RTA/Vic Roads(sorry dont know the authorities in other states) closed a motorway down because somebody was hooning, trashing stuff and causing wear and tear.......

Imagine if the Sydney - Brisbane XPT was closed down because some kids trashed the seats and pi$$ed on the platform........

Imagine if the baches were all closed down because a few schoolies set some fires on the beach and stole a life ring....

would we accept this, no we expect the authority responsible to maintain it and investigate and capture those responsible. So why are NP exempt from this basic expectation. Deliver the public service and amenity value you are publicly funded to provide, and provide it to all and not just those who enjoy the facility in the same way you do.

The road authority would withdraw access to the person guilty through demerits,licence removal and fines. The rail authority would under take criminal proceedings. NP should do the same.

I get really annoyed that because stuff gets trashed by the dickhead minority that it gets closed, the easy knee jerk reaction. NP and other such authorities should be reminded that they are funded by we tax payers to look after these areas for us, they are not the masters of these area to close them at their will. They are guardians, stewards, maintenance, not lords of the manner.
I think you've answered your own question in your last comment. Basically there is SFA that NPWS can really do. If they can be identified, taking them to court is a waste of time as they don't recover lost wages and costs.*

Also given that they are under funded and under staffed, shutting an area down until they get spare time to clean it up is about their only option. If they let people in immediately, then it just breeds more rubbish and other people just complain about it.

If you want to bitch to anyone, bitch to your local pollies about the lack of funds and support given to National Parks. They are the ones behind all the funding cuts.

The road authority would withdraw access to the person guilty through demerits,licence removal and fines.

* Decades ago when I was a teenager, I was involved in a volunteer fire team for our local national park. Two things I remember from that time is that rangers viewed themselves as underpaid garbage collectors and it was incredibly difficult to do anything to anyone breaking rules, regs or the law. such wonderful quirks as you were not guilty of taking native flora until you left the NP with it and then the ranger had no authority to stop you. No idea if this sort of stupidity has changed.

Latest posts

Back