Audio system in a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, would love to know the dimensions of the sub enclosure???? it would save me hrs of mucking around trying to make one fit.

hey mate in my d22 i installed a full sound system with splits in the front and splits in the rear and i have managed to fit two amps and a 6" jl subwoofer behind the rear seat, the subwoofer just fits and it aint in the usual square box i made a tube box for it, i have a double din dvd player unit, and just last weekend i installed a av interface with a inbuilt 2tb hard drive so i have digital tv and a shit load of movies, music and pictures where ever i go, best thing cd's are a thing of the past.

sounds awesome.. hows the sub sound in a tube? I guess you dont have that deep sound but could you have two subs.. at either end of the tube, possibly ported?
Can you post some pics of your setup?

I will have to get the dimensions of the box. I am not with my truck at the moment but when I get a chance I will post the dimensions for the box.

Trick!

I do love that tray you've made for the amp....that's a slick and simple design. :)

My missus and I usually hit the drive-ins twice a month so it's giving me ideas. I'm really tempted to wire up the tray and make it comfy as the damned steering wheel gets in the way when I'm trying to get a drink from the fridge! ;)

Stereo install + sub box behind seat.

Hey guys. i just bought myself a 06 str 3l nav, and wanted some tunes..
i got a custom stereo sound mob to have a look and see what they could do and this is what i got back.

Kenwood deck, blue tooth/ipod KDC-X8016bt
JL audio C5 650 6.5 inch splits for the front
JL audio C2 600x coaxials for the rear
JL audio Digital 5 channel amp XD700/5
Kenwood 12" flat sub/carbon fibre KFC-WPS1200F

With the sub, they dynamatted the crap out of the back wall and used it to make up the back of the actual enclosure, there is a little bit of room left either side of the box for the jack and other bits and pieces.

the fronts easy fit 6.5 inch splits. the tweeter is flush mounted up a bit higher ( see pix )

For the rears, they decided to go for this position ( see pix ) because the stock ones blast straight into the side of the seat .. what was nissan thinking?!!? and it also allowed more room to fit bigger better speakers.. ( definatly worth it..)

And for the amp, its damn tiny and has heaps of guts. 75rms to each speaker, and 300rms to the sub. and it fits directly under the drivers seat.

in all, very good stereo. crisp clean sound, goes very loud. and sub has got enough punch to it..

Hope this gives people ideas on what they can do stereo wise.

cheers.

hi,
im having trouble wiring up my sony headunit to the factory cables..
does any1 know how to wire them up and what colour cable does what?

Hey mate nice work with the install, I'm slowly buying bits for mine, just wondering how you..or anyone who has or heard one...has found the sound of slimline subs? I'm looking at a 12imch one from pioneer it's only 150$ but am skeptical about the slim subs.
Havnt been able to find much on what they sound like, I'm assumin you won't get the same punch as a normal cus of the travel distance but if they still give a nice low range I'll probably grab one

Hey mate nice work with the install, I'm slowly buying bits for mine, just wondering how you..or anyone who has or heard one...has found the sound of slimline subs? I'm looking at a 12imch one from pioneer it's only 150$ but am skeptical about the slim subs.
Havnt been able to find much on what they sound like, I'm assumin you won't get the same punch as a normal cus of the travel distance but if they still give a nice low range I'll probably grab one

hey, first time poster :)

i had a cadence slim line 12" in my old ute, that was more than enough for my liking the sound was not tinny at all. the sub was the same as this one Cadence slim ute 12inch sub 400watt rms boxed | Trade Me (thats not mine for sale could not find another pic)

mine was in a holden VE so it was fairly close to me on the passenger side not sure if you have a dual cab or not.

hope that helps

Cheers,

Hoody.

i had a slimline clarion sub behind the seat of my single cab bt50 bout a year ago..it was awesome i thought. smashed out the big bassybits and the low range was pretty neat. that talking from a single cab but alot less room for sound to travel. not ot ad the 6.5"splits in the doors and the clarion amp to suit. was a mean sound system and cheap.

Sweet, thanks heaps mate think I'll go ahead and grab it:) ay idea wat Rms wattage you were feeding the Sub?

i got no idea. i had it installed professionally by a audo installer. i cant even remember the models but i could try find them

sub was a clarion WF2510(older model - it would be 3-4 year old now)
speakers were clarion SRQ1621S(older model again)
Amp im not sure of but it was a clarion aswell.

all went in at the same time so all is the same age. the car is still in the family so i could find out and let you know if you want but really good quality amp will do the job

Ah sorry to make ya go through all that man, but yeah was real helpful info I'll try track one down, and yeh will just get a decent 4 channel amp

Thanks again for the help!!

Hey Jastormont do you have the dimensions for the sub box as im looking to do a very similiar setup with my dual cab. any help would be great

Latest posts

Back