Audio system in a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate,
My box for sub is L-900 x H-300 x D1-100 x D2-140, I pretty sure it worked out around 18litres volume, used 16mm mdf.
Havnt got sub yet to see how it works, hoping it arrives tomorrow so should have it all in over weekend.
It was a clarion slim sub,
Was told by some people volume is only thing that matters with enclosure but someone else told me you want double depth of sub...so will see who was write haha

Hey mate,
My box for sub is L-900 x H-300 x D1-100 x D2-140, I pretty sure it worked out around 18litres volume, used 16mm mdf.
Havnt got sub yet to see how it works, hoping it arrives tomorrow so should have it all in over weekend.
It was a clarion slim sub,
Was told by some people volume is only thing that matters with enclosure but someone else told me you want double depth of sub...so will see who was write haha

Hey gressie you wouldnt have any pics of your sub box or is it the same design at Jastormonts? Or is it different? And also what size sub did you use? 10" or 12"

just a tip for subs in small boxes... put around about a 3" tube port in (or a couple of 2"), just make sure to have it positioned the diameter of the tube from the inside back wall of the box,
also put sound absorbing material on the inside back wall of the box (like that egg carton stuff, you can get it from clark rubber)

this will make a sub thats in a box too small for it sound alot better!

and even though you will lose a tiny bit of volume, when making the box use nice thick material, will be a better benefit than the extra tiny bit of volume u gain from thinner wood.

Cheers, James

Latest posts

Back