Audio upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I have suffered the same problem of shorting the fuse after installing a new head unit. The difference I found was that it was an orange wire in the loom that was the 'so called' earth that went to the park lights. Disconnecting this wire solved the problem.
Maybe someone buggered the wiring colours at the factory?
some pictures of the install:
4846_108101965814_676395814_2787590_3757033_n.jpg

Stupid orange wire that caused the problem
4846_108101960814_676395814_2787589_8289364_n.jpg

GPS antenna on top of unit is able to pick up satellites through the dash
4846_108101970814_676395814_2787591_6468976_n.jpg

Completed install

thanks for the help

Hey serious monkey how do you find the ebay stereo? Have you modified it to run oziexplorer yet? My old man has one in his prado and is quite happy with it.

Yeah Jon,

Only just got it in. Having problems with the GPS, TOMTOM can't find its maps. Haven't really had a serious go at it yet. TV antenna is as good as useless. Any good ideas on where to mount it?
What is oziexplorer? I presume a GPS program.
Cheers

I wouldn't bother with tv antenna as they are analogue and everything will be digital in the not too distant future. My old man didn't bother with it. I think dads one picked up the tomtom maps ok so not sure on what is going on there but it sounds like a software problem. OZIexplorer is a navigation program where you can use scanned topographical maps and pinpoint your location on them. A lot more useful once you leave town and tomtom has no coverage. It is possible to copy a pda version of it (OziExpolorerce) onto a sd card and trick the stereo into thinking it is tom tom by renaming the .exe file. Then you can change navigation programs as you please simply by swapping sd cards. This is possible as the stereos are just running a version of wince5.0. Same as all the PDA's. Check out the oziexplorer website.

The Official OziExplorer Web Site - GPS Mapping Software for Magellan, Garmin, Lowrance, Eagle, MLR Receivers

Hi Jon,

Cheers for that will look it up.
My unit actually has a digitial tuner for the TV but the antenna is still useless.
Later

got a 12 inch pioneer 1200w sub going in the back. mounting depth of 153mm only which is good, cept i need a 50 litre box which is tricky with the limited room of having a single cab.

should have a nice beat, haha. got it setup for mid range, not after doof doof.

Yeah Jon,

Only just got it in. Having problems with the GPS, TOMTOM can't find its maps. Haven't really had a serious go at it yet. TV antenna is as good as useless. Any good ideas on where to mount it?
What is oziexplorer? I presume a GPS program.
Cheers

have you put the sd card in. most gps units have a sd card that goes in the unit, it has the maps for australia.

with the tv antenna. i havent had much luck with tv reception. have had a digital tv tuner from jaycar. tried everything. would nt pickup anything. then i recently got a vdo analog tv tuner. have tried about 3 different styles of antenna. now i am running 4 seperete antennas 2 in the back wintows and 2 in the front and it is still useless. if i am in the middle of sydney driving i am lucky to watch a whole show.
it picks up clear reception in some parts of nsw, but whats the point if you cannot watch the whole thing haha.

Hi,
I have suffered the same problem of shorting the fuse after installing a new head unit. The difference I found was that it was an orange wire in the loom that was the 'so called' earth that went to the park lights. Disconnecting this wire solved the problem.
Maybe someone buggered the wiring colours at the factory?

the orange wire is a headlight wire. it triggers the factory headunit to dim as you turn your headlights on.

when your headlights are off, it acts as an earth. as you switch your headlights on power runs through it. there will be an input for it on your new headunit. comes in handy when you are driving at night with a dvd on. it is not as bright.

Unfortunately no headlight dim on this unit. it is a bit bright at night but liveable.
Still trying to get the nav unit to work. The unit doesn't come with GPS software (ie tomtom or igo). have managed to get the software on there but it doesn't find the maps. Very annoying but i'll figure it out.
Looks like the antenna is a real no go.

Cheers
Damian

The digital tuner will be very difficult to pick up. Unfortunately with digital you either have a signal or you don't and it will be a black screen. Analogue is a lot better in this respect as you will gradually lose signal, you might get a little bit of snow on the screen occasionally as you lose signal but it would still be watchable. I would imagine it would be nearly impossible to pick up a signal with a digital tuner especially on the move.

Hey guys reading this thread sounds like you guys have all had a go at putting speakers in the rear or your trucks with varying results. So I thought I might add my solution to the problem of rear sound. I am running a Sony explode head unit with 2 Pioneer 6inchs in the doors and my rear sound solution is a 6" sub in a ute box with a 400w amp the ute box is a slimline box and fits neatly behind the seat with plenty of clearance so you dont need to lean on the seat back to shut it. So if you like a bit of base this system sounds awsome and can easerly get me shouted at by the wife lol. Also helps her know when im comeing home as she can hear me comeing from the end of the street lol. I will try to take some pics later

Hi Guys

Quick question.Is their wiring going to the back doors to fit speakers or do you have to run some wire under the carpet?
Just want to know as I am going to fit a new radio/cd player and speakers

Shane

Not in the D22s.... wrining loom is in the door iteself but it stops before you get to the pillar. I put in new wires from head unit to rear doors instead or crimping the old set

I've got a pic of the wiring loom in my personal page. Have fun,

Hi Fella's

Have done the front speakers.I have ordered the parts to hold the back speakers from nissan.The part numbers are in the nissan database.They are fitted to imported navara's from Europe as they have rear speakers fitted as standard.Wish they were here to save all the hassles.Will post part numbers up when i get them.

Shane

Latest posts

Back