Aussie Arctic Trucks D40 STX 550 35" Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

I just sent Beaudesert exhausts an email regards a 3" Turbo back system and deleting the DPF unit and Cat. I was gona get a straight though system to the back of the Cab and than I was gona make my own side exit tip.

Does anyone know what the law or regulations say about where the exhaust system can exit the car?? Iv herd 12" back from the cab and others have said its gota be behind the diff etc....

for us lucky few in qld its behind the last body seam so straight after the cab

scotts rods down my way do a system that you are wanting

In queensland your exhaust "must extend 40mm past the outermost joint of the floorpan that is not continuously welded or permanently sealed" so just to be safe you can go 40mm past the cab. This is from the Transport Operations (Road Use Management - Vehicle standards and safety) regulations 1999 document that i downloaded from the queensland governments website (from memory)

Bart

Last edited:
Looking good mate. As far as I knew it was 6inches past the last seal on the cab, but that is outdated I would imagine. 40mm sounds a lot nicer haha.

Keep us updated!

Impressive build. What difference did the Kings Shocks and springs make to the daily ride ?

Im really happy with the king shocks, I purchased my shocks from King shocks Australia from Brad Zacka,

I told him that I am doin alot of Highway driving but when I want to go offroad on corrugated dirt roads I want them to perform.

My brother is now gona purchase a set for his new FJ Cruiser.

They are a little more expensive than you average shock, mine are really good on and off road.

Hi Guys,

Just another little thing I might add into my car next week, hope if works :)

pwr_CR-STAPIP5A.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!j!E3Riez)NlBN3GCOLMmQ~~_12.JPG

hope this will solve my shitty reception issues while driving to work,

Hi Guys,

Just got another quick question regarding the queensland laws, does anyone know what the maximum height for your mud flaps off the ground is???? I might have to have alook on Queensland transport Web page..

Hey matthew

Again this is copied from the same document mate.

"A mudguard may be up to—
(a) 230 mm above ground level; or
(b) if a vehicle is built to be used off road—300 mm above ground level"

Hope this helps

Bart

looking good buddy :)

what made you spend all that money on the arctic kit? something different?

looking good buddy :)

what made you spend all that money on the arctic kit? something different?

yea you could say something different, money wasnt an issue at the time.. I just wanted it!!!! especially when I found this bloke in Iceland that is getting it out the back door for me on a friday arvo haha dodgey bastard..

Currently working on the car today,, Off nightshift and a little angry but me and my old will just poke along steady.. the front is very very tricky due to the bullbar and trimming the firewall of the car..

Will update photos later this arvo..

Latest posts

Back