Auto tranny reset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPR

Reaction score
Is there a key and pedal procedure to reset the auto transmition on a 08. 2.5L STX like there is the ecu ?

I've never tried to reset a tranny (I generally try to steer clear of them). The TCM (computer inside) should be reset with a complete power-down but from memory there's no "learning" done by it. It's a pure hard-coded response to certain inputs.

A complete power-down would be the same as resetting the ECU with the battery method: remove the negative terminal lead, press the foot brake, reinstall the lead (remember about the radio pin and the trip meter values). It won't hurt to try that.

The question is, why would you consider doing this?

Chasing a tranny issue and mechanic reset the transmition control unit now it takes for ever to get into reverse.

Mine has always taken a while to get into reverse, unless I tap the throttle and then it slams into gear and jolts the car. Let's see what other auto owners say - particularly around our vintages (2008-2009, although it's the same 95X0B box 2006-2009).

Anyone? What's your auto do when you slip it into reverse?

That's exactly what's happening tony but never use to. never ends with this gear box !

Latest posts

Back