Axial remote control 4x4 toys

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maddogrc who defected to stinky Yota's but is still a member had some form of RC but I don't remember what.

I've got a cheap Nissan Xterra but it's real cheap and doesn't even drive straight but served it's purpose as something to drive when my kid was playing with her remote controlled car.

I've also got a 1/12th Scale monster truck of which dad has a pigeon pair and we use to chase the kids around the back yard with.

There is an old Pegasus frame buggy somewhere around that just collects dust because we can no longer get parts for it and somewhere in the family stuff is a petrol driven Merc touring car which my uncle used to race back in the 70's but I don't think it's a goer either.

My son has got a HPR Crawler the same as "Joshy's" and its awesome, BUT "Sparra" bought one of the AXIAL ones for his son at Xmas so he will give you the mail on that brand.

I have an Axial honcho, which is the same one in the photo above. Great fun. They are totally scale and endless list of mods can be done. They have front and rear diffs with lockers,coil springs all round. When driving it,it's quite funny as I works exactly like a full size 4by!!

Axial honcho here,don't know what's better using it or modding it when I break it

I also have the Axial SCX10 Honho
Was an impulse buy for myself
and didnt realise that there was so much to these "toys"
as jnrsnav has said the mods are endless when you do the research.

I will probably end up selling mine as ive
Only used it a few times from new and gets a bit boring when youre out there by youself........ thats goes for me anyway others could have different opinions.

I was going to get right into it and purchased the castle link to hook the esc up to the laptop, purchased upgraded steering kit and aliminium links etc. havent got around to fitting them yet though, just seems to be collecting dust at this stage.

Ive had alot of rc cars but been nitro on and off road never electric or crawlers

yep the wrath is a great car
my son has one and loves it
we have just upgraded all the drag links and steering knuckles to alloy
heaps of fun and very tuff
he also has a 1/8th electric ve inferno(offroad) that runs 2 lipo's and does 90kph
and a 1/16 scale summit crawler
IMAG0572_zps07ba963e.jpg

IMAG0571_zpsbb804ed5.jpg

Last edited:
Love the recovery points
There's no end to the possible mods for these things
We have been getting gear from the states
Shops here want too much

Love the recovery points
There's no end to the possible mods for these things
We have been getting gear from the states
Shops here want too much

Yeah the recovery points double as a bullbar lift. Cause standard these for some odd reason have about a 3/4inch gap between the body and the bullbar. So i raised it up to sit better with the body. But made them to suit 3mm shackles. Haha yeah stuff for these is alot cheaper from the states. Only prob is the delivery times. Yeah theres so much you can do and if you have the motivation you can make plenty for them. Like i made the bar lift, made inner wheel wells for the front arches, scale snatch straps as bungee chords, the aerial, painted the springs in that blue so they look like dobinson springs to try add to the scale look.

Ive also got a brushless traxxas stampede and an electric drift car.
Been looking at a different shell for this though.

we use a lypo
lasts about an hour in the axial
2 lypo,s in the ve last about 9 minutes

I get stuff from ebay.

I use a 5000mah nimh battery. And i get about a good 1 to 1.5 hours on it on both the axial scx10 and my traxxas stampede

Bart

Yeah all depends on what brand and type of battery you get. Plus what the rated usage ofthe battery is.

I've got a scx10. Got some steel procomp beadlock wheels wearing mickyt's baja claws tcc 4.19 inch tires or something. Also modding the wheel base to fit a Nissan Titan Parma body. Doing a scale ish build of my nav and want to mod the body to resemble a navara/frontier a bit more round the wheel wells. I'll post some in progress pics

Latest posts

Back