baby capsule anchor point..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrome dome

Reaction score
Hi i know ive seen something about this somewhere but cant find it with a forum search . Ive just yesterday become a grandfather and i want to fit a baby cpsule to my 2010 ST 4x4 dualcab diesel and im sure i heard or read somewhere that i had to get nissan to do it but i just rang them and they didnt want to help and told me to talk to a baby shop . Can anyone help me with this .

No ask a mechanic, especially one who does RWC's because they will know better than Nissan. Or you could try your insurance company, I know in Vic RACV can do the job or recommend mechanics that do.

I can't remember the thread title to which you refer but if it comes to me I'll post the link.

I changed from King cab to dual cab when the little un came around, anchors at all three seat positions on my Spain built D40 from factory.
Baby capsule is a bit of a squeeze as they are quite long & the seat when they are a few months old sits very upright because of the seat back in the car, D40 pretty good for access though

Yeah I reckon the seat sits a little too upright in the D40, but no where near as bad as in the old man's crewman. Also in mine the rear seat support (i.e. the back legs) sits in the dip of the back seat so the angle is lessened slightly, not sure if that's brilliant designing or pure luck but it works for me.

The ST-X has the anchor points as standard, The ST does not, so you'll need a certified installer. Poor of Nissan to fob you off. I bought the ST-X so didn't need to worry. I was quoted about $1000 in Brisbane to do the three, but one should suffice unless the Grand kids are going to start appearing on a regular basis.

There is a bloke at Deception Bay north of Brizzy that is fitting and complying 2 anchor points to my ST dual cab on friday next week for under $300

Yeah thought id share, hes a mobile bloke as well, he'll come to whereever you are.

This is the guy, i nearly didn't call him because his website hasn't been updated since 2009
http://www.barryanaccessory.com.au

And no, its not my business, me, or anyone i know. He hasn't done my job yet either, so I can't comment on quality or service yet

I am getting my local TJM in Brisbane supply and fit two (2) anchor points on my 2010 ST next Thurs. $300 for supply, fit + compliance plate.

Best I found considering some places quoted as much as $275 for only one.

If I didn't have an STX and didn't already have 3 points installed, I'd have two done - one in the middle, and one on the passenger (kerb) side. Bugger one on the road side - I am NOT EVER going to stand with my back to traffic and lift a child out of a car.

Remember that the anchor point is used right up until the child is 7 years old in NSW, which is the age after which a child can sit in a car seat without an approved booster supporting them. For me, that means while they're rear-facing they're positioned in the middle (for room between the front seats) and afterwards on the kerb side.

This is the guy, i nearly didn't call him because his website hasn't been updated since 2009
http://www.barryanaccessory.com.au

And no, its not my business, me, or anyone i know. He hasn't done my job yet either, so I can't comment on quality or service yet

I had to approve this post, because it contains a link.

I know it's an old thread but it seems to come up a bit, so when I was taking out the little fellas seat for a clean the other day I took some pics.

First the mod plate for the anchor points:
E0370966-30AA-495D-9A1B-487B225048BD-804-000000A62A3AB48E_zpseb82ee00.jpg

And then of the point themselves:
74051445-9775-4096-BE77-84F9667ADDA6-804-000000A60B42E584_zpsd21df0f0.jpg

And
3EC00353-0350-4E64-B0F8-293A7351BA82-804-000000A61EB4ECE8_zps75fe5ded.jpg

Hopefully it all came turned out ok.

Cheers,
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Latest posts

Back