Balance shaft bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can get aftermarket bearings for them.
its just a big job to do.
the other way is to simply remove the shafts.

what i would like to know is how they recon its balance shaft bearings. especially if its got injection problems which can create some weird noises and vibrations.

That's exactly what I was thinking. To say it's the balance shaft bearing you would think they would really need to actually look at the bearing thus having to dismantle the components. And as others have mentioned it's low kilometres and would be a very premature failure. I've taken it away from this mechanic and I have spoken to a few diesel fitter mates who have all recommended another bloke in the area as being pretty shit hot with injection problems. Unfortunately can't get in until January. Hopefully he will give me some other insights. Going from 3500 for a new injector pump to needing a new engine or a complete engine rebuild is strange.

Why was it at the workshop to start with? What were the original symptoms?

Why was it at the workshop to start with? What were the original symptoms?

I took it in because I was continually getting an 0707 injector pump timing fault code. When driving usually above 100 on a long drive (1hour +) turbo would seem to drop or go into lag mode. Engine light would come on and turbo would intermittently drop in and out whilst driving. Happened to me mainly after a long period of driving. At first thought it may be dirty fuel or a blocked filter.

I had checked and changed a few things such as a new fuel filter checked no air was being sucked into fuel system. Checked the nps. I had to start work on a new site and was working long shifts so I didn't have time to work on it and had to put it into a mechanic. Picked up truck and I am waiting to get a second opinion off another mechanic who seems to be pretty well regarded around here. Unfortunately he is booked until the new year. I'm in the newcastle area so any diesel mechanics that are recommended are welcome.

That doesn't sound like a bearing issue. Bearings if stuffed stay stuffed.
Bet the workshop you went to weren't busy and you were going to pay for there December rent....

That doesn't sound like a bearing issue. Bearings if stuffed stay stuffed.

Bet the workshop you went to weren't busy and you were going to pay for there December rent....

Ah they seemed to be pretty busy but your are most likely right. A bearing could be on its way out and still running alright just noisier etc but as you said once they go they stay gone.

Mate does your engine crank slower than it usted to befor your nab started coding up I had the same code every time I started my nav til my start motor shat it self put a new one in all codes went away and starts straight away

Id assume that the bearing would be high brass material or phosprate bronze nissan should be able to let you know what material they are

Mate does your engine crank slower than it usted to befor your nab started coding up I had the same code every time I started my nav til my start motor shat it self put a new one in all codes went away and starts straight away

Nah doesn't seem to be starting too badly but I'll be keeping an eye on that would be great if it was as simple as that haha.

Latest posts

Back