bar work

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not something they just inspect..things like that have to be crashtested etc

Hotrods aren't normally built with SRS airbags, crumple zones and other vital systems that the bar has to not interfere with.
But you need to make a few calls to get the correct answer from the Transport Dept, up in Qld here all it takes in a phonecall to the Vehicle Standards and Regulation unit on (07) 3114 5844 and other states would have a similar team i imagine.

Totally agree
I am only going by the fact that when I pulled the factory alloy bar off there was nothing to crumple or break its all down to the chassis to do the work.Its a steel plate on the end of the chassis rails connected to a steel tube that bolts direct to a c channel of alloy .
Im just saying that surely we should be able to get something inspected so it is able to be used
The other thing to remember is not all states play by the same set of rules. 4 poster bars are still made in WA but are illegal over here in ACT

Fuck the adr just buy one , i would if i had a d40. Id imagine israel would have pretty high standards for those sort of things? They are jewish after all..

I'm half sure through speaking with someone doing these types of things at the moment that they can be tested fairly cheaply, needs the proper type concertina brackets to allow the airbag to work.

I've been thinking of getting an ARB sahara bar for my 550 and chopping the guts out of it so the intercooler has airflow. Certainly wouldn't be bothering with asking an engineer if that was alright

2000 bucks and no headlight or front guard protection!!!! or am i just seeing things, each to there own i dont see them as practicle its just a strenthend bumper bar. sorry if this offends.

Back