Barrington Tops run. Pics added, about 80 or so from page 12.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep sounds good to me boys, see u at heatherbrae at about 8 just north of the shell. see u then, cheers

Anthony

We're back home, my wife and I had a great day, thanks to everyone - it was marvellous meeting you all - Anthony & Nick from Sydney (with friends), Brad & family and Shaun & family from the lower north coast, and Craig & Josh from just outside Newcastle.

Attached are 4 pics from the day.

1) We stopped and waited for everyone to show at Gloucester.

2) On the way in we stopped at Devil's Hole Lookout and this was the sight that greeted us. Awesome, stunning, and about 1400m above sea level here.

3) We said we'd arrive at 12:00 and if you check the time stamp, we did!

4) We cooked our lunch and sat around chatting.

The air was brisk, my altimeter said we were 1495m above sea level. The roads were a little potholed, we got to see a few kangaroos and generally we enjoyed the day.

Highlight of the day was being flagged down by 3 girls in a car. We were in the middle of a forest road. The driver asked me "Where's Armidale?" ... wow girls, you sure took a wrong turn! They were content to travel another 100km on dirt to end up at Scone and then travel the rest of the (250km?) to Armidale.

Attachments

• 01 - Waiting At Gloucester.jpg
    01 - Waiting At Gloucester.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 02 - Lookout at Devils Hole.jpg
    02 - Lookout at Devils Hole.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 03 - Arrival At Polblue.jpg
    03 - Arrival At Polblue.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 04 - Enjoying Lunch.jpg
    04 - Enjoying Lunch.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 76
We had a great day also Tony and hope we can come up with another get together soon. Was good to meet everyone and have a bit of lunch. Didnt think it would be so cold though. I wish I had got a better look at the girls!

Shaun

I can only echo the other guys! The kids, boss and myself had a great day. We've nick named the young fella "Magpie" after his lung busting run up to the cars LOL.

Cheers Brad

Well Daves Day.

I meet up with Scott at Heatherbrae. Had a chat to him for about 10mins and then lead him to raymond terrace.

Anyway after wishing him good luck I headed to the Barrington Tops, after a long drive I made it about 2.30 I got there as I left Scott at about 12ish or there abouts.

Drove around looking for Tony and the boys, was on the UHF trying to get in touch with them. Anyway I followed the GPS to where it said they were and went past them, so I turned around and thought maybe they have gone for a run.

So I went up Thunderbolt trail and kept driving, all of a sudden it turned into a slightly overgrown trail, I thought ah !@#$ it it will lead somewhere. After about a 20km's or so trip down this trail at about 20km/h and removing countless broken branches and trees I got through.

Only to find a locked gate, countless swear words were said. At this stage it was about 4 oclock and I was thinking it better not get dark to quick. After a trip back with what I thought was a rock in the rear right drum brake and moving more logs I made it back to where I knew. All I was looking forward to seeing was tar at this stage. The GPS said that track came out on Scone rd, grrrr I almost smashed the thing.

I drove for a bit and came across this bloke in a TF Rodeo and asked him if he had seen about 5 or 6 Navaras, he said he hadn't seen anyone for 100km's since he left Scone. 2 thumbs up for the horse dentist, mate your a lucky man. Your mrs is very very pretty. The guy reminded me of another guy I knew, could almost pass for a twin. Must be the look as they both have very pretty mrs's.

So it was about 5 oclock and I thought Tony and the boys are gone, I know I would of. So off towards Scone I head and I came across the rabbit proof fence, So I opened the gate and thought this view is awesome time for the camera to be taken out and get some pics.

Anyway while getting photos a Toyota Hiace camper pulls up, they jump out and dad walks out and checks out the view. After a convo with him, his son walks over and tells me dad doesn't speak english as they were french. Lol. So I was talking to the son for a about 10 mins and then wished them luck and warned them about the psycho in the forrest.

So I took a slow trip back to Moonan Flat and looking for some good pic opertunitys.

I came across a old bloke in a Mercedes who was thinking of heading through the Forrest, I said I wouldn't recommend it. So he thanked me as it was muddy in some places.

Anyway after getting heaps and heaps of pics I made it back to Scone at about 6pm, then drove about 150km's back home and was absolutely stuffed. I did like 480km's yesterday, less then half a tank. lol.

Will upload pics later.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look back now and find it funny, but at the time there was plenty of cursing when I got to that locked gate.

Damaged the tailshaft cover to, so will bend it back with a screw driver later this arvo.

Dave.

Next time then! Was looking foreword to meeting you. You didn't see the guys broken down with the pigdogs on the back by chance?, as they were there for most of the day.

Cheers Brad

well thankyou for the amazing run guys and dave there will always be next time. highlight of the trip was playing find the puddle and dodge the potholes

Would have been a great day.Wish i could have made it Dave all that was missing from your day was...........seen a bearded bushman hiding on the side of the road, ran him over, hogged tied him, threw him in the back and drove to Scone Police station where they thanked me and gave me a cheque for $50,000....hehehehehe

Yes Dave, that would have been them, stopped at Devil's Hole Lookout. We stopped there on the way in to take the second photo that I'd attached - that was about 11:30am - we saw them there again on the way out.

We must have passed you on The Bucketts Way, or you'd already found your way up Barrington Trail as we went past.

yeah turned out to be a good day, i had fun. got home at about 815 and 650kms was absolutely stuffed, but i am looking forward to the next trip, hopefully we will get the chance to put the utes in 4wd mode.

Anthony.

Mine was in 4wd on the gravel roads and stuck to the road like glue.

Just got home after 12 hours work, the team leader was being a dick so I said stuff it and went home.

I am uploading pics now, will be up soon.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back