Bash plates for 2013 navara d40 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnkathy81

Reaction score
Looking for bash plates and was just after some feedback. Have been reading brown davis seems the go and not too much good about the ironman stuff. Just after some opinions, best place to buy from, will they suit bull bar (Probably xrox bar) in the future and also if I need the whole kit or just front diff/radiator.

Thanks!

ARB or BROWN DAVIS are the only ones i would spend my money on, actually i put ARB on my last two D40's and they done the job perfectly, they also have thought out the little touches like access to sump plugs and drain holes also all the bolts are totally hidden so they cant be damaged and the protection under the sump area is as strong or stronger then any other.

Have a search through the forum for bash plates or under body protection an you will find stacks of info, i've run through this at least a dozen times.

Just wasn't sure if there was anything else decent out there but think I'll stick to either arb or brown davis and know I'm getting a good product!

Thanks

Thanks for the input had a quick look on the web, dnaoffroad they seem to be selling the brown davis stuff also.

Will definitely be between arb or brown davis.

Cheers

ARB $666 for front 2 quoted yesterday plus fitting

I would spend the few extra $$ and grab the complete set which will include the transfer cover, from memory the complete kit is $770 and is 4 pieces, 3 go from radiator/bullbar through to the back of the gearbox and the fourth is the transfer

Seems silly paying $700 for $70 pieces of steel...

Carton of bourbon and a mate that can bend/cut steel would come in handy!

I've got the ARB UVP's on my 2012 ST. They are an extremely well made looking bash plate, bolts are hidden and easy access points for changing oils, but ....... for some reason on mine, could be the variations in models of these thai and spanish navs, they had to use a flimsy adapter bracket on the front plate to the bull bar to make it work (and I mean flimsy!). I ended up removing this bracket and fitted a 70mm x 20mm x 2mm thick square tube in its place instead. The plate also sits too close to the corner of the radiator for my liking, thats also why I replaced that crappy bracket. The front plate has copped some decent hits and seems to be holding up well. I've read elsewhere of ppl removing this bracket and fabricating something else in its place as well.

Also, the ARB transfer plate utilises the 6 bottom bolts to the transfer case for mounting. I reckon if you are to copp a decent hit to this plate it could still damage the transfer, imo a bash plate should be mounted off chassis points instead for it to really protect the parts above it. My transfer had also developed a leak recently, luckily it was noticed very early. Ended up being two loose bolts, could have been from the install or the fact the factory bolts were utilised for the install, as the plates are 3mm thick, the bolts have 3mm less meat to bite onto. They have since been re-torqued to factory settings and is all good (fingers crossed).

My mate has the brown davis, and they look real decent as well. Not sure if you have to remove anything for oil changes though.

So all in all, after paying good coin for the ARB and the amount of time needed to modify things to make it right. I would probably choose the Brown Davis plates had I the choice again.

Hope this helps in your choice

Mik

Before and after shots of the mod, notice how close the plate sits to the radiator in the after shot.

Mik

Attachments

• BEFORE.jpg
    BEFORE.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 113
  • AFTER.jpg
    AFTER.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 99
Thanks for all the info, seems like arb and brown davis are a very close decision and both will seem to so the job.

So I based it on price and arb seems to actually be cheaper at about $660 compared to $750 for brown davis. So arb it is will just wait for some funds shortly and order them.

Before and after shots of the mod, notice how close the plate sits to the radiator in the after shot.

Mik

I did a similar mod on the 2012 ST but i used 2x 8mm flat bar welded to the original angel line crossmember that bolts on in between the chassis rails, same outcome just got there in a different way, BUT it really is a must do IMO.

I also cut the 2 tabs off either side of the bottom tank of the radiator that were meant to locate the original plastic bumper as they have been known to cause problems with other plates and if hit they can snap out leaving a hole in the bottom tank the size of a 50cent coin, so better safe then sorry, just run a hacksaw blade through them and in 2min they are history

Last edited:
I did a similar mod on the 2012 ST but i used 2x 8mm flat bar welded to the original angel line crossmember that bolts on in between the chassis rails, same outcome just got there in a different way, BUT it really is a must do IMO.

I also cut the 2 tabs off either side of the bottom tank of the radiator that were meant to locate the original plastic bumper as they have been known to cause problems with other plates and if hit they can snap out leaving a hole in the bottom tank the size of a 50cent coin, so better safe then sorry, just run a hacksaw blade through them and in 2min they are history

The flat bar and tube mentioned, Is this because they come with universal plates to suit Spanish and Thai navaras now? If so I'm guessing will have to do the same as I'm pretty sure the 2012 was also Spain built?

The flat bar and tube mentioned, Is this because they come with universal plates to suit Spanish and Thai navaras now? If so I'm guessing will have to do the same as I'm pretty sure the 2012 was also Spain built?

yes mate your spot on, when i had them on my 2010 thai ST they didnt have the silly little plate, but was still a little close to the rad, although it never caused any problems

Send scottybobcat a pm

He has a heap of custom bash plates
They are improved tjm plates
Stronger and cheaper

Latest posts

Back