Bash Plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im also very interested to know how well the arb gaurds fit compared to the tjm and price differences aswell. Ill probky be buying them from opp lock in nth melb. They look up arb prices then beat them straight up so there all good in my book

Hey cam500, how much did you end up paying for the arb bash plates if you dont mind. I just got back from a arb dealer and got quoted about 750 for the set. Also got a quote from opp lock for avenger gaurds and they want 735 for the set but its 4mm thick and zinc plated. Has any one got any of these on a thai built st, if so how do they fit
Thanks, kyle

Just had TJM bash plates fitted. got the sump guard free with the bull bar and asked for the trannie guard to go on at the same time.

Hey cam500, how much did you end up paying for the arb bash plates if you dont mind. I just got back from a arb dealer and got quoted about 750 for the set. Also got a quote from opp lock for avenger gaurds and they want 735 for the set but its 4mm thick and zinc plated. Has any one got any of these on a thai built st, if so how do they fit
Thanks, kyle

Kyle

I ended up paying $667 but had to fit them myself.

Cheers

Ok took some measurements today
The BD guard sits 50mm lower than the front crossmember.
Thats right a whole 50mm! i paid close ot 2k for 60mm of lift and now this guard has taken that away.
From what i can see the fold in the guard is in the wrong place and thats the main reason for the ground clearance. I am in the process of discussing options with Mitchell Bros 4x4 who are going to see if Brown Davis will take a refund.
If BD gave more detail when advertising these guards we would all know what we are buying. All listings only show a bad pic of the guard fitted to a misc car and price, no indications of dimentions etc.
Keep you posted how it goes, in the mean time i wouldnt buy a BD guard for Navara, saw one on a hilux and it didnt have the same issues.

STX owner how muh does your guard sit lower that the front cross member?

The BD guard on my STX sits 10mm lower than the front cross menber. Ground clearance to the lowest part of the guard is 205mm. I think there is something wrong with your guard for it to sit that low.

Hi All,

my first post so if this has been asked before...be gentle.

I have just purchased an STX550 with a bit of ARB fruit and want to fit some bash plates to protect the oil cooler and sump. Will the ARB plates fit my model?

Hi All,

my first post so if this has been asked before...be gentle.

I have just purchased an STX550 with a bit of ARB fruit and want to fit some bash plates to protect the oil cooler and sump. Will the ARB plates fit my model?

welcome to the forum, I dont see why they wouldnt but you really would have to check with ARB i would say, BUT make sure they double check the answer as i have heard them say things to some members in regards to bash plates that are just not correct, eg the plates DONT fit both Thai and Spain built.
I now know this is false due to fitting the plates to both my Thai and Spain models.
It may even be worth trying a few different stores just to see who is full of BS and who actually knows there stuff.

It really annoying having the same model car built in to different placers. ARB doesn't have plates to suit the 2010+ Spain tjm do but there are condition's for the 2.5lt that no transmission plate can be fitted. Another can armor plate the shit out of the Thai everything from steering arms to fuel tank, but nothing for the Spain. I already have one coming of the tjm bull bar so might have to asked them what the go is. I've notice my stock plate is looking a little worse for wear still stood up to more then I 1st thought it would.

It really annoying having the same model car built in to different placers. ARB doesn't have plates to suit the 2010+ Spain tjm do but there are condition's for the 2.5lt that no transmission plate can be fitted. Another can armor plate the shit out of the Thai everything from steering arms to fuel tank, but nothing for the Spain. I already have one coming of the tjm bull bar so might have to asked them what the go is. I've notice my stock plate is looking a little worse for wear still stood up to more then I 1st thought it would.

mate just double and triple check that info about the ARB plates by ringing a few different dealers or suppliers, as said before i have had both Thai built and Spain built D4o's and the plates fit both models, the only difference is the front mounts off a small extra bracket with the Spain models.

As i said earlier i have read other posts where people have been told this from ARB only to ring another store or speak to a different more experienced sales member to find out they do in fact fit the Spain models.

I can show you pictures of the plates on both of my Spain and Thai models if you like.

Cheers,
Nathan.

mate just double and triple check that info about the ARB plates by ringing a few different dealers or suppliers, as said before i have had both Thai built and Spain built D4o's and the plates fit both models, the only difference is the front mounts off a small extra bracket with the Spain models.

As i said earlier i have read other posts where people have been told this from ARB only to ring another store or speak to a different more experienced sales member to find out they do in fact fit the Spain models.

I can show you pictures of the plates on both of my Spain and Thai models if you like.

Cheers,
Nathan.

I was just flicking through the internet to have a look and that's what I've come across. Different yet the same. I think alot of it is the book says this, but we can do this. So I guess its how far people are will to go for a sale.

I was just flicking through the internet to have a look and that's what I've come across. Different yet the same. I think alot of it is the book says this, but we can do this. So I guess its how far people are will to go for a sale.

If you ring ARB at Moorebank (the main office) they will tell you they make them for both cars.
I think the problem is some of the guys behind the counter get lost in all the different Navara models from D22 to D40, King cab, single cab, dual cab , 2x4, 4x4, spain, Thai, ect ect it just Flucks there brain and they say "No dont make it for your model"

The only difference between the plates i have on both the Spain and the Thai is a small bracket at the front where the bar plate meets the radiator plate.

hi

tried a forum search and also browsed through this thread but no info on these http://www.bashaaustralia.com/ bash plates. has anyone had any experience with them?

carro

I just fitted some to my 2012 stx last week , they seem pretty good. I received a message from bashaaustralia yesterday through eBay asking me to remove one of the bolts in the rear plate on the drivers side ,due to excessive movement on the engine in the v6 td and possible sump damage the bolt may cause. Aside from that they seem ok . My only beef would be that the plates don't come back far enough. I have had to purchase an ironman rear plate to protect more of the vehicle. Maybe just go with the ironman set up from the start ,as their plates cover more of the vehicle . I have pics of my plates fitted in my dual battery question thread pg 3 I think .

Dear pipibidder,

FROM BASHA AUSTRALIA DUE TO EXCESSIVE ENGINE MOVEMENT IN NISSAN NAVARA D40 VEHICLES YOU MUST REMOVE BOLT AND NUT ON THE DRIVER SIDE OF THE VEHICLE ON THE REAR BASH PLATE UNDER THE SUMP AS IT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE SUMP.IT IS NOT NEEDED TO SECURE THE PLATE ANYWAY PLEASE NOTIFY ONCE DONE . IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO THIS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER

- bashaaustralia

Dear pipibidder,

FROM BASHA AUSTRALIA DUE TO EXCESSIVE ENGINE MOVEMENT IN NISSAN NAVARA D40 VEHICLES YOU MUST REMOVE BOLT AND NUT ON THE DRIVER SIDE OF THE VEHICLE ON THE REAR BASH PLATE UNDER THE SUMP AS IT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE SUMP.IT IS NOT NEEDED TO SECURE THE PLATE ANYWAY PLEASE NOTIFY ONCE DONE . IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO THIS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER

- bashaaustralia

thanks mate. ill check your pics out before I pull the trigger on the purchase.

Maybe just go with the ironman set up from the start ,as their plates cover more of the vehicle .

The trouble with the Ironman plates is that currently they dont fit with bullbars and dont bolt up to anything at the front, so as a few members have unfortunately found out they are easy to bend and smash the bottom tank of the radiator, the two that i know of have done that on sand.

Latest posts

Back