Bashplate Drawings - Make your own

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weight wise there is not much difference mild steel is 7.88 density and this is about 8.22 so the difference is not to much to notice. But the strength of it is ridiculous it is what they use for defence vehicles and we even cut all the parts for the UN cruisers around the world.

It will be cheaper for you guys if i can cut say 5 of each or even more as it will bring the price down but i may be able to quote it as a 5 off and then cut single ones but i will see what i can come up with today.

That's sounds tops. I mite be in depending on costs etc. Also how well they fit of course. They will end up cheaper then other brands anyway

ok guys for the 304 stainless steel ones

sump guard
304 stainless steel 3mm $ 200.00

Transfer guard
304 stainless steel 3mm $100.00

If you want both then i can get another both for $280 plus postage or you can pick up from warner.

in 316L stainless steel which is more resistant to rust and is a bit stronger i can do for

sump guard
316L stainless steel 3mm $ 210.00

Transfer guard
316L stainless steel 3mm $110.00

or both for $300.00

these are both 2B finish which is a non reflective finish. If you want it in no4 finish which is a shiny grained finish then it will be a little bit more.

Mild steel 250/350 Grade 4mm

sump guard
250 Grade 4 mm $ 150.00

Transfer guard
250 Grade 4mm $ 70.00

or both for $200

if you wanted the same thing in 350 Grade then i will quote that if there is interest the price wont be to much dearer.

Now for the hardened Bis500 HHA plate 6mm thick it gets quite expensive and i would need to fill a sheet 8000x2500 to make it worth while as i cant buy offcut only a sheet which is about 7k but to do the parts it would be around 500 bucks for the sump guard and 350 bucks for the transfer guard. This is only a guess but if people are interested we can go from there.

This will be all bent and ready for you guys and ready to pick up. I can get them cutting when ever you guys are ready it would be a cash sale as i will just buy them from work.

Now these are 1 off price if you want to order in groups of 5 or more i can make the price better it gives me more room to play with the quote.

Ok this sounds like great deals. Now I'm no metal expert and never will be. Can you explain the differences between them all. Obviously the hardened sheet is the best and most pricey, but whats the comparisons between the 3mm stainless and the 4mm mild steel? Is the mild steel stronger cause its a thicker sheet, is it heavier etc? Just trying to put peoples money in the right spot. Also the mild steel will need preping and powdercoating or hot dipping?

Soz for the questions. I think I mite go the mild steel OS 316L sheet

the weight differences between all of these will be minimal to work it out there is a simple equation

stainless steel is 8.3 density so

length x width x thickness x 8.3 =

so for example the tranfer gaurd would be

0.660 x 0.482 x 3 x 8.3 = 7.9 kg's (not excact but close enough)

Mild steel density is 7.88.

304 stainless steel is your entry level stainless it is still strong and has rust resistant qualities

316/316L is marine grade stainless so it has more copper in it to make it more rust resitant and is stronger again than 304 while weighing the same

250 Gr mild steel is your basic mild steel this is the most commonly used no rust resitance and not very strong

350 Gr mild steel is used more for heavy duty applications as it is alot harder than 250 Grade (higher the number stronger it is)

Bis 500 HHA is the ballistics hardened carbon steel it is the best of the best when it comes to carbon steel. it is extremely strong and scratch resistant it also has more rust resistance than normal carbon steel but not as good as stainless.

Aluminium i would not use as the grades are not suitable for an application such as this unless you want a 10mm bash plate.

Split , the prices look good.

fyi 316 and 316L dont contain a pinch of copper and its not how they become "stainless" in properties as described.

If we were to go ahead with saying yes to this, how do you propose we organise the transaction especially for those that don't live near you..north side of Brisbane ?

thanks

correct you are gazza i meant to type molybendum but was discussing copper at the time so thats what got typed my mistake.

Its up to you guys but im sure they could be posted with auspost, we send everything by TNT but i think that could be a bit expensive for 1 off's so i could just drop them at the post office. Im not looking to make money out of this just thought i could help out people who didnt have access to get it cut and pressed.

Only found the drawings cause my brother asked if i could i cut it for him so thought id help you guys out

Guys im going to be cutting my brothers ones on monday i have made a slight change to the main design to allow for a bit of airflow.

If anyone else wants one please let me know and ill grab a deposit or something off ya. Im going to be cutting my brothers out of 304L stainless steel so i will need to order a sheet on friday to get it here for monday. If i get 10 sets then that will fit into a 6000 x 2000 with good sheet usage.

if people who want one can pm me or email me to let me know that would be great.

If people want it out of 4mm mild steel that is easier as i dont have to order plate we will have it in stock.

Attachments

• Navarra D22 front plate.pdf
    3.4 KB · Views: 248
Split, I'd like to see the bash plates cut , bent and then mounted 1st before I make a commitment mate. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out

Second that- a couple of pics to check out the fit and then I'm in.

P's. Great thread, thanks for everyones input.

yer i only have access to a thai built so will fit it up to that but will probaly do it differently to the nut on a wire but will see how it goes.

will do, we arent a machine shop so will not be able to supply special made brackets but i can advise what is needed and where to get it(if anything). Ill probaly just knock anything needed up with the welder in the shed.

Yeh mate more then happy to fab a few brackets up for myself if needed. Let's us know sizes etc and and ppl cam get then done professionally or DIY if they have the gear

I hate chasing up bolts and fittings so if someone can do multiple of everything required to fit I'd be more then happy to pay extra.

Hey guys Jono has come back with another quote. Not sure why it has changed. Here is a screen shot of the prices. Hope this helps anyone that is interested. Just let me know if anyone wants some. I've been away with work again and haven't had a chance to check the measurements on my 2010 model. Hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend. I think there is a small plate that needs to be cut as well I'll re check the 3rd page ad see if I can get it added. I also wouldn't mind some vent holes in the front of it. Maybe even "NAVARA" cutout

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-2028358773.jpg
    image-2028358773.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 198
is the price still the same for the 316L? he mentioned it was $300 for the set it was this price?.

we mite aswell get all the main stuff as the kit instead of it missing bits. brackets and stuff we can organise from bunnings or somewhere.

the idea of have Navara cut into it would be mad or even NAV D22. dunno something would be sweet.

let us know how you go josh

cheer
Rusty

Latest posts

Back