Basic performance upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llc00lj

Reaction score
Hey guys,
just seeing what's some basic performance upgrades I can do to my 07 nav.
Just wanting to give it some more up and go!
Cheers

Have you installed a catch can and EGR block?
These are usually what people do first, to keep the engine clean.
Some say the EGT block gives a small performance boost as the turbo spools quicker - unsure about that, i don't have first hand experience.

Then moving onto the standard turbo car modifications, exhaust and intake restrictions.

Larger exhaust system, usually 3inch from turbo back will do the trick. Dont get stuck up in the exhaust size argument, its a turbo, turbos dont like back pressure, so the larger/free-flowing the exhaust the happier it will make the turbo.

Most Navs just get snorkels to feed cold air tot he airbox, useful modification also for those who go offroad.
If your going a bit silly you might want to upgrade the airbox to something with better flow characteristic.

Larger inter-cooler or W2A inter-cooler setup, something batter than factory to cool the Air will net additional torque + hard inter-cooler pipes that don't balloon out.

now if you get this far, id look at chips to change the fueling of the car - this will provide a big difference however i like to think its better to do the above before adjusting the fuel. you could get a chip straight up if you wanted too.

i guess if you do all that,you could up the boost on the nav, or replace turbo.

As above- Go for the mods that give the engine less stress, not more. Exhaust- Larger more efficient Inter-Cooler. I'd have a guess and say bypassing the inlet air pre-cleaner would have very minimal effect, if noticeable at all. If your going off road leave it as is, it serves a purpose. Can vouch for the fact the EGR block does seem to spool the turbo a little quicker but that don't mean more outright power.

$ for $ a Chip will have have the biggest gain. Initially, but in the long run you could pay more.

Latest posts

Back