beach speed cameras

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a bloody great idea mate, There are quite a few drivers who don't slow down when passing families on the beach and it's an accident waiting to happen.

Some people seem to think all road rules fly out the window when you step off the black top :( Hopefully they can do it on more beaches in the future.

Brett

I think it's a great idea. Maybe it'll get some of the knobs off our beaches. They should have been doing this long ago.

Rusty

I will add one to this. In 91 a bunch of clowns in the back of a trayback ute and drunk were pretending to surf in the back of the ute doing about 120 with kids and fisherman present. One fell out and smashed his skull unconscious and with a fading pulse the only thing that saved him was 2 of us working on him with cpr and the channel 2 repeater we got Careflight in. My kids don't leave my side on that beach, I have seen commodore utes towed onto the hard sand and trying for maximum speed 160+.

I will add one to this. In 91 a bunch of clowns in the back of a trayback ute and drunk were pretending to surf in the back of the ute doing about 120 with kids and fisherman present. One fell out and smashed his skull unconscious and with a fading pulse the only thing that saved him was 2 of us working on him with cpr and the channel 2 repeater we got Careflight in. My kids don't leave my side on that beach, I have seen commodore utes towed onto the hard sand and trying for maximum speed 160+.
It's because of idiots in this example that they're necessary.

I think it is ridiculous that we need them. You are supposed to be an adult by the time you get a licence. Some never grow up and others simply don't give a f#%k about anyone else. On fraser some of the worst offenders were the tour operators. Speeding and passing way too close to others. They are not the only ones though.

I think it is ridiculous that we need them. You are supposed to be an adult by the time you get a licence. Some never grow up and others simply don't give a f#%k about anyone else. On fraser some of the worst offenders were the tour operators. Speeding and passing way too close to others. They are not the only ones though.

exactly, but some people should be knocked on the head at birth
I was involved in a punch up not so long ago on stocton beach with a dickhead driver, he ran over the kids towels and swim toys (they were not in the wheel ruts they were in plain sight near waterline), then stopped and complained the towel was wrapped around his rear wheel, big mistake
He was fortunately nabbed by the coppers shortly after and b4 he killed someone
you see them up there most weekends...dickhead drivers

Last edited:
I agree, it is ridiculous we need them but as you said some people never grow up and they unfortunately ruin it for the rest of us. Hopefully it will slow down the amount of incidents that occur.

On some of the beaches in WA are real dickhead drivers. Was cruising on preston doing 30-40 and some young muppet comes ripping past me churning the beach up as he flys past. Karma got him though, he got bogged in some real soft stuff up ahead, road tyre pressures hahahaha

On some of the beaches in WA are real dickhead drivers. Was cruising on preston doing 30-40 and some young muppet comes ripping past me churning the beach up as he flys past. Karma got him though, he got bogged in some real soft stuff up ahead, road tyre pressures hahahaha

hope you kept going and left him there

But in saying that I do stop for people who just get plain stuck by not acting like a knob. The family in their Prado bogged to the axles always gets a lending hand to dig the tyres out and a snatch.

Same with the dickheads at kwinana beach that feel the need to drive down there in 2wd... Or have to go flat out to look like a hero. I saw some idiot in a magna coming back off the beach one night, well I heard him first, he must have had it on the rev limiter in second gear I reckon trying not to get stuck....

Well now that stockton is being closed up, all the morons are coming to blacksmiths beach. So packed nowadays, used to be nice and quiet, now it's getting trashed.

only takes a few to stuff it for everyone else. its the same where i go camping in the boat. some ppl just leave all their crap and broken glass. hate broken glass

Latest posts

Back