Beaudesert Install with pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well old system is all off. Dump pipe removal was a bitch but no where near as bad as I expected. Studs came out easier than I thought. Just got the rest of the system to fit now but it can wait till tomorrow.

Think i should grow some bollocks and buy and attempt to fit one of these my self. It certanly sounds well worthwhile.

Hey Benny, did you dump pipe slip over the long threads on the bottom of the turbo housing? Mine appears to be stuck... I shouldn't have started so late.

Hey PIX. Nah you have to remove those bottom threads. Double nut trick worked for me. Hit them with some CRC and then give it a go.

Cheers heaps, managed to get it all sorted. Was a good project. Intercooler arrives in mail soon, hope it pans out as well.

Bumping old thread. Purchasing one of these babies this wknd and was wondering how long it took people to fit? Have 2.5lt model but should all be basically the same anyway. Also any tips and tricks I should know aboutas I am limited on fitting time of about 5hours with just myself. The vehicle already had a press bent system fitted when purchased so assuming the bottom turbo studs should already be changed and everything fairly loose for removal.

6 hrs on a hoist with all the right tools
5 of those hours were dump pipe

I remember you mentioned that you could install the dump without removing the turbo? How did you negotiate it around the dump? Also with my dump already being aftermarket should things be easier. Was just gonna stick my car on 4 car stands and have everything hanging free

I had one of these systems fitted a year ago it took the bloke 7 hours to do, and as sparra04 said 5 were on the dump pipe, 1 was removing the old and 1 installing the rest of the new. Well worth the money spent.

Hey Russ
I fitted mine myself and most of the time went into removing the old dump pipe and cat, the rest is easy. You will have more room when fitting the new dump pipe so it's not to bad. It will take a good few hours though. If you have a rattle gun use it to remove the old one, its heaps quicker. I actually painted mine to with a ceramic paint because I didn't get the stainless. Got the paint from super cheap and it has held up well, exhaust still looks brand new.
How did you go with the top control arms. Are they in yet.

Don't want to high jack,

but i called Beaudesert to order on monday not realising it was QLD's labour day. The return phone call came at 8am on the dot on Tuesday. I ordered the 2 3/4" standard spec. i was informed i'll see it before Friday. It turned up today Wednesday at 7am. WOW! these guys are ver professional and the exhaust looks very good, everything is double checked before they ship it. I was almost speechless..

On another note for everyone the dump pipe comes with a 1/8" BSP nut already welded on which saves everyone when fitting there pyro.

It's like xmas but i have to wait to for the penetrating oil to work before i remove it on saturday. also just a tip ladies and gents, double nuts to remove studs usually works but for under $25 you can get a stud removal tool.

Can't speak high enough of theses guys either. Ordered mine 11am on the Tuesday and it was on my doorstep 10am Wednesday. (Sydney) Couldn't believe how fast it came. Took me longer to fit it than it took them to get it to me. Mine was one gasket short when I got it, but they sent me one straight away. Highly recommend them.

if your std dump and cat has already been removed the job may be easier
i had to remove cat first to get to bolts on dump
there is just enough room to drop it out

Hmmm I'm hoping mine odd easier. I will have to give it a go and if the dump looks like its gonna be a pain to get out, will then need the full day to do it. I am getting ky dump pipe ceramic coated by Competition Coatings in Archerfield before fitting

Ok had a good look at the dump pipe section of my nav. Which will be up sir sale when beau system goes on along with the rest of the system if wanted.

I didn't realise the bottom 2-3 bolts were actually bolts not studs and nuts. I have about 25mm of space between back of dump and firewall. So with the bolts gone and nuts off the studs I should be able to slip it off without to much drama. I'll try get pictures up but I'm sure I have some in my build thread. did anyone have to remove the top passenger aide stud?

rusty

Ok ordered my beau system today. Was wanting to know the egt bung size as I have to get a new fitting for the new system as my chipit item was welded in by the last exhaust mob who touched my car. I was thinking it was s 1/8npt item but heard it was 1/4npt. I'm pretty sure its the 1/8npt item but wanted to make sure before purchasing. The compression nut and the olive are still fine but I might aswell get a whole new fitting and try cut the old olive off

Ok people. I have my system officially. Gonna buy some exhaust gasket goo and maybe some black paint tomoz to start playing around with it. I am confused about the section that goes over the rear axle and how the section bolts to the rubber and the right angle bracket. Anyone have pictures of this section and how it fits? I like to get the lil fiddly bits bolted together so I can just whack it in.

Rusty

Hi rusty, I used a ceramic heat paint from super cheap and it still looks like new. If you can wait till tomorrow I will take some pictures of those points you were after. I had some extra bolts in my kit not sure we're they went but it hasn't fallen off yet so mustn't be to important. I started at the dump pipe and worked back, the muffler or delete pipe should run up over the diff on a 45 deg angle. I will get you photos anyway. The hardest part is getting the dump pipe bolts done up, just a slow process.

Cheers

Hi rusty, I used a ceramic heat paint from super cheap and it still looks like new. If you can wait till tomorrow I will take some pictures of those points you were after. I had some extra bolts in my kit not sure we're they went but it hasn't fallen off yet so mustn't be to important. I started at the dump pipe and worked back, the muffler or delete pipe should run up over the diff on a 45 deg angle. I will get you photos anyway. The hardest part is getting the dump pipe bolts done up, just a slow process.

Cheers

Hey Nav

All sorted I watched a YouTube clip of someone's d22 fitted with the beau system. The piece I thought that ran over the diff is actually the piece that curves around the transfer. I actually need pictures on how the bracket bolts to the transfer case. The rest was pretty straight forward like the dump etc and tailpipe. Apparently beau do a side exit tailpiece now. I think ill make my own LOL.

The bolts on my dump section are welded in on top so it will just be a pain getting the nuts on. I was wondering why they gave me new turbo studs.

So you need the photos of the bracket that attaches to the transfer? My standard exhaust dump pipe from the turbo had bolts and studs. I changed them all to studs not sure why or if it was suppose to be done that way but it worked out ok. I had some cap screws left over, I don't know where they go? Let me know if you need the pics and I will get them in the morning for you.

Latest posts

Back